Cannot log in to TAM 11

Started by Hans Manhave, February 22, 2015, 09:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

I would like to finally get with the times and so after lots of clean up etc. etc. I did a test install from 10.8 to 11.0.  Using a Windows 7 machine as machine performing the update.  Using a copy of the data.

Now I cannot log into this.  The signon screen comes up, but the user/pswd combo is not accepted.  What is missing?

I checked the AS KB, but even though it pops something up "cannot log in after update" that particular piece never shows.  So I am stuck.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

Have you run tamstart.exe to see if it gives you any info?
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Hans Manhave

It gives the same error: "Invalid usercode and/or password! Please try again."

(when I type in g:\wintam\tamstart at a run prompt.)

Is this a rights issue?  Am I missing a file?  Am I now locked out after x-number of tries?  So many things are going through my head.  Glad I ran a trial first, but maybe it would not be a problem if I had performed it on the real set?
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

Ah, you might be locked out as you suggest. Do you know anyone else's credentials?
Mark Piontek, MBA

Hans Manhave

I have a second one set up for myself for just those situations where I lock myself out, but I didn't try that.  I am pretty sure that by the third attempt I typed it correctly.  It does remain a possibility though.

Mark

Mark Piontek, MBA

Jan Regnier

Is 11 still "tamstart" vs "Tamclient"?
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Mark

Quote from: Jan Regnier on February 23, 2015, 10:39:06 AM

Jan, tamstart is a utility in TAM that will tell you when files have been last indexed and give you other information when there are errors.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Mark on February 23, 2015, 10:47:48 AM
Quote from: Jan Regnier on February 23, 2015, 10:39:06 AM

Jan, tamstart is a utility in TAM that will tell you when files have been last indexed and give you other information when there are errors.

I know...but at one version Tamstart is replaced with Tamclient.
Jan Regnier

Charlie Charbonneau

Jan, Tamclient replaced asupdate if I remember correctly.  It didn't replace Tamstart.
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Mark

Quote from: Charlie Charbonneau on February 23, 2015, 02:46:48 PM
Jan, Tamclient replaced asupdate if I remember correctly.  It didn't replace Tamstart.

This is correct. ASUPDATE.exe is replaced with TamClient.exe.  TamStart.exe is still there and a helpful tool.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Jan Regnier

OH....Yep...sorry....  Tamstart runs and checks what if anything didn't run correctly!  I was confused... (LOL - many comments could be made here).  I guess what I was trying to get out was should he have run tamclient to re-register files...rather than asupdate.
Jan Regnier

Charlie Charbonneau

Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Hans Manhave

TAMSTART also requires login.  I get "Invalid usercode and/or password!  Please try again."  I have tried different users and their passwords.  So it must be something else.  Office is closed because of weather.  No idea if Applied called after we closed.  It is frustrating.

Hans Manhave

Does one have the have the computer access rights to full access for Windows 7 and TAM 11?