Cannot log in to TAM 11

Started by Hans Manhave, February 22, 2015, 09:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Hans Manhave

Thank you for the helpful info.  While 11.0 was installed, I ran the 12.0 update just for the fun of it.  (Actually to see if it would have a problem updating and if it would some how allow me in).  It upgraded without problems except that I could still not log in.  I set UAC to zero or off, but that didn't appear to have any impact.  I have now restored my Win7 system to a time before the testing.  Maybe Applied will be so good to contact me tomorrow.  I have such small windows of time each month to get this done.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Jeff Zylstra

Have you tried logging in as a different user such as a domain admin, and then installing from that user, and also trying to run it from that user profile?  That should remove any issues of rights or permissions, and also of user profile issues.  I didn't read your entire thread, but maybe log in as a different TAM user as well to further rule out issues.  Just a thought.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Hans Manhave

After having spoken with Applied this morning, I am thinking it was an access rights issue to the security table.

I am back on the mission to move forward.  Unless the snow stops me, but may continue remotely in that case.  I believe I upgraded from 5.x to 6.x using gotomypc on my little ATT 8125 way back in the dark ages.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Hans Manhave

TAM 11.0 has been installed now.  But no WindowsXP station can run it.  I replaced all the WinXP stations with Win7 except for two.  Now I'm looking for the improvements we can experience before I update to 12 and onward. 

Will have to get with Applied about XP not liking it.  KB was not helpful in resolving it. 

DebAmstutz

We're running 11.1 on XP stations (mine being one of them).  I wonder why it works for us?  ???
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Hans Manhave

Finally had one XP station that installed correctly.  Of course, this one doesn't have the correct Office version.  :(

Jim Jensen

I have an XP running 2014R2! Not for much longer, but it is doing it.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Hans Manhave

Quote from: Jim Jensen on March 02, 2015, 02:51:09 PM
I have an XP running 2014R2! Not for much longer, but it is doing it.

That is good to hear!  I can direct my attention and funds to updating further (need a couple printers, mice, msoffice) and not get sidetracked by Windows.

Amazingly, every single Windows7 machine I installed had some different situation.  Even if they were all the same model (except 1), same order, same equipment installed etc.  Amazing.  Must have been the installer/operator (i.e. me). 

Bob

Hans make sure you run windows updates, install all updates even the unchecked ones often drivers for your PC.   This has helped more times than not when working with W7.  In regards to TAM have to keep track what versions of Office work with what versions of TAM.  Version 11 on W7 required changing the tam shortcut when it was done loading.    I think this is where you have to manually modify target/path from asupdate.exe to tamclient.exe.  I think 11 still pointed asudpate.exe but for W7 think we have to change to tamclient.  12.x on it changed tamclient.exe.   If I recall from memory correctly.  Maybe it was for 10.x to work on W7 but I somehow think 11.x

While it's not supported in TAM2013 we are using Office 2013 just fine.

Hans Manhave

I wonder why every mouse in the world now has to be wireless.  I need some Logitech Trackman Wheel models that work with Windows 7.  We got the current ones working with XP, but that took some work.  Now they are useless.  I guess Logitech is not the leader they once were because they only list two mice on their website.  A gaming trackball type thing which is not very handy for office work (I have one also) and then the battery operated ones.  Two steps forward, one back?