Tablet computers-but not Apple

Started by DebAmstutz, August 26, 2013, 03:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Jack Kidd

Quote from: Joshua Conner on December 05, 2013, 09:53:23 AM
Just because of this thread and deb *Ahem COUGH* Retiring from our chapter President Position We got her an Ipad Mini as a retirement gift. 

Now she can be an apple hater while also being an owner.   ;D 8) :) ;)

awesome
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Billy Welsh

Quote from: Jim Jensen on December 05, 2013, 10:01:32 AM

I expect a thorough comparison of the iPad and the ASUS tablet from her!

Agreed!  She will now have lots of spare time so a detailed review/comparison should be a snap.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

DebAmstutz

Here's my review:

The Ipad mini is lighter than the ASUS notebook.

::)
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Jeff Golas

Thas because you haven't filled it up with data yet.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Billy Welsh

Yeah!  How much does a kilobyte weigh???
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

DebAmstutz

Hah!  There's not much on the ASUS either, and it started out weighing more!  ;)
Deb Amstutz

DebAmstutz

I bought a bluetooth keyboard/Ipad mini holder last night at KMart.  I charged the keyboard at home.  Didn't use it, though, because I fell asleep on the couch and it was late when I woke up!  Before I fell asleep, I did choose some sounds for different activities.  Still have to go to McDonald's if I want to use WiFi, though.  I need to look into internet at home again, but I really do not want to pay big bucks for it.
Deb Amstutz

Conan_Ward

I need to pick up a case and bluetooth keyboard...and stylus for mine...picked up the dell venue 8 pro yesterday since it was 100 bucks off (199)...liking it so far since its full windows rather than RT, so i've got the touchscreen/tablet size i've been craving, but with whats comparitively better internals than the desktop i'm using here at work (other than storage space :P).

wifi only would bother me with the 32 gigs and needing to rely on skydrive more, but i'll need to pick up a microsd for that and have unlimited data, will trav....tether.
Former TAM support, P&C licensed in Maryland, LFW