Peripheral "Pen" for document markup

Started by Terry Evans, May 02, 2013, 03:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Evans

Does anyone use a tablet type device with a stylus/pen for marking up PDF's and other documents?

Does it work well?  Is it worth it? Do you need separate software or would it work within Adobe Acrobat or similar?

Any particular make/model good or bad? 

I'm looking at Bamboo Connect from Wacom.com

Thanks for any input!
Terry Evans
Maurer-Noel-Evans Insurance
terry@mne.biz  www.mne.biz

Mark

We played around with it, but I don't have anything to really comment about it.  We do have one producer who will take an iPad out to some clients and have them sign documents, but he's pretty savvy and I don't think his workflow is going to be fluid enough to try and get anyone else to do it.

Not saying there isn't a good option out there, just saying that we kind of do this in a way, but don't have a good recommendation to share.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jim Jensen

I've had a Wacom small sketch tablet with a stylus for more than a dozen years. Still works great. I use it to mark up PDFs, sign documents and it's even good for graphic design in Photoshop or Illustrator. It has been completely plug and play - recognized like a mouse (USB connection). Fabulous, love it! Haven't looked at their current product line up to see what I'd get today, but I'd easily get something else from Wacom.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Golas

Is that using docusign?

Jeff

Quote from: Mark on May 02, 2013, 04:10:34 PM
We played around with it, but I don't have anything to really comment about it.  We do have one producer who will take an iPad out to some clients and have them sign documents, but he's pretty savvy and I don't think his workflow is going to be fluid enough to try and get anyone else to do it.

Not saying there isn't a good option out there, just saying that we kind of do this in a way, but don't have a good recommendation to share.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Mark

Quote from: Jeff Golas on May 06, 2013, 12:06:02 PM
Is that using docusign?

No.  It was actually before we started using DocuSign (which we love, btw).  He might still do it if and when appropriate, though.  I haven't asked.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security