TAM 10.6?

Started by Alice, October 19, 2010, 04:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Went to download 10.5 and saw 10.6 instead. Did we know about this? And I just don't remember anyone here commenting on it. If 10.6 was discussed in any aspect, can someone point me in the direction of the posts? Don't want to duplicate if something was started.
The date on the release notes is 10/13/10 so I'm thinking this download is new.

I'm so  ???  that I feel like  :-X.

Jan Regnier

I didn't know about 10.6.  I was on a Hanover webinar today for TAM realtime rating and one person mentioned they were upgrading this weekend and indicated going to TAM 10.6...then she corrected herself and said 10.5.  Dave Willey (AS) was on the webinar and he didn't indicate he knew about 10.6 because he was surprised when she mentioned it.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

brinkerdana

This is the first I've heard of 10.6.  User group meeting Thursday.  May hear something there.
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

GeorgeW

All i had heard was that there would be a 10.6 released before the end of the year.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Charlie Charbonneau

Went to download and install 10.4 yesterday evening from 10.3 and the only download available was 10.6...   Bit the bullet and installed it.  It was a super easy install. just a few minutes and it was done.  Will let you know if I run into any issues later today.
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

GeorgeW

Looks like there are more items in the "noteworthy items" list for 10.6 than there was for 10.5!
George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

GeorgeW

There is an October Facts Express on the website dated 10/19/10 that has the announcement of 10.6   I don't think I've received the Facts Express email yet though.
George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Ian Blundell

We've been running 10.6 for several weeks now and haven't come across any problems.
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Alice

thanks Ian. Looked at the release notes and there weren't many items.  I was just taken aback since I expected to download 10.5 and saw 10.6 there when I did not receive the Facts Express email saying it was there.

Billy Welsh

Methinks the "TAM 10.5 Maintenance Update" they e-mailed about on 10/1 morphed into 10.6.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Ian Blundell on October 20, 2010, 12:15:01 PM
We've been running 10.6 for several weeks now and haven't come across any problems.

Ian

Did they make the old Cert of Insurance "read" only or is it still "usable"?  I don't want it to be usable!
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

GeorgeW

I thought the 10.5 Maintenance Update was just to fix the Certificate problem with agency/branch printing wrong? That is all that showed on the release notes for that update.  10.6 supposedly is fixing other items and the Noteworthy items shows a number of problems with Certificates. We issue too many certificates to have to deal with problems there!
George Watson
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jim Jensen

Jan, my understanding is that the old certificate is totally usable. Applied doesn't seem to have a way programmed to use it only for displaying previously issued certificates. When creating a certificate, you're presented with a question asking if you want to use the older version. I also understand that there's no way to disable it.

Quote from: Jan Regnier on October 20, 2010, 01:44:08 PM
Quote from: Ian Blundell on October 20, 2010, 12:15:01 PM

Ian

Did they make the old Cert of Insurance "read" only or is it still "usable"?  I don't want it to be usable!
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Ian Blundell

I also think that Applied was under quite a lot of pressure from users who wanted to continue using the old forms.  I don't think that all states had mandated the newest form.
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Lance Bateman

All states haven't considered the ACORD forms as "filed" yet - but ACORD is getting a bit more involved regarding use of their forms, whether they would be supported if used when out of date (think E&O).  In our state, they aren't "filed" yet, but the insurance commissioner has sent notice that the current form is to be used or you would be considered "out of compliance" due to copyright issues.

Quote from: Ian Blundell on October 21, 2010, 12:26:49 PM
I also think that Applied was under quite a lot of pressure from users who wanted to continue using the old forms.  I don't think that all states had mandated the newest form.