A decent HP printer for low volume printing

Started by Judy Means, September 27, 2010, 05:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Means

I purchased an HP printer Saturday for my personal use, and I'm impressed with the little sucker.  I found exactly what I needed.  It was the HP Laser Jet Professional P1102w Monochrome Laser Printer.  Cost was $149.00.  I love the little thing.  Here is a link to a picture of it:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/231444/HP-LaserJet-Professional-P1102w-Monochrome-Laser/

My requirements were:

I wanted laser...not inkjet.  I am getting to the point I really hate inkjets.
           I wanted small and manageable.  Boy does this one fit the bill. 

h 8.82 inches w 7.64 inches  d 13.66 inches 
                       It takes up very little space on the desk.

I wanted simple.  99% of my printing is fine in B&W. 

This one fits the bill.  It was out of the box and setup in about 10 minutes. I get tickled when it's printing.  It spits those pages out faster than one would expect. 

I could use this for my light duty and more private printing at my desk here at the office.  Footprint is great, and it is wireless network compatible.  Has some power saving features too. 

We have two large network printers for volume stuff, plus two smaller color printers for proposals.  We also let our staff have a smaller printer at their desks...currently HP Laserjet 1200's & 1300's.  If those get beyond "cost efficient to fix", I'd sure consider this one.  It would also make a good small department printer. 

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone is looking for this type of a printer for home or office. 

Judy
Judy Means
West Texas Insurance Exchange, Inc.
Odessa, Texas
TAM8.5 and other goodies

Jeff Zylstra

Cool.  Glad you found something that works for you.  I would like to add that many home printers now have Ethernet and/or wireless capabilities.  I won't buy another printer for home that I can't connect to my router.  Even my grand daughter has a laptop now and everyone wants to print, so spending $20 extra for Ethernet is not even a consideration anymore.  Glad to see that they're doing this finally!
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Alice

Quote from: Judy Means on September 27, 2010, 05:16:54 PM
I get tickled when it's printing.

Really?  I want one then ;D
But seriously, thanks for providing this info. Been thinking about getting something other than the inkjet I have but been busy (lazy).