Activity Code DBF query

Started by Andrew Carrick, September 20, 2010, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

I would have thought FLDS.DBF would hold the default "Who" code that you put in when creating a new activity code, but unless I'm missing it, I can't see it. Anybody know where it is held? Is it field 'Extra2'?

TIA.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Lance Bateman

I do not believe the "who" of who created a code (new code?) is captured.

Andrew Carrick

No you're right, I'm confusing myself. I mean the default person that the Activity shows on-screen, choice between CSR, Producer, Operator and other.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Ian Blundell

I think that your first guess was correct.  I think that it is in Extra2 and is stored as a number 1 through 4 in the same order as on the screen (CSR, Producer, Operator, Other).
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

Andrew Carrick

We'll go with "guess", usually solves IT problems.... :D
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Lance Bateman

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on September 21, 2010, 03:16:22 PM
We'll go with "guess", usually solves IT problems.... :D

And that's why I usually refer to systems management including programming as an "art" and not a "science".

Mark

Quote from: Lance Bateman on September 21, 2010, 03:55:20 PM

And that's why I usually refer to systems management including programming as an "art" and not a "science".

I consider IT a "practice" much as a medical profession is a "practice" or law is a "practice".
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security