Loading TAM on a PC

Started by Andrew Carrick, September 13, 2010, 09:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

We've had a couple of new users recently where their Attachments (Unrouted) folder has not automatically created. Is this part of the ASUPDATE process anybody know?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Hans Manhave

I don't believe it is.  It depends where it is, I guess.  If it is part of the whole TAM drive, default setup, then it should be there, but if you have it located as your own designated location, I think you have to do map it yourself.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Gene Foraker

It is at the top of the home page under tools, system setup.   Then map a logical drive on each workstation to that location.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Andrew Carrick

You're quite right, but what I don't understand is that when we've created new users (active directory profile) previously this folder had automatically been created too, and now it's not being.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jeff Zylstra

I run the drive mapping from a script which is executed from the logon.cmd at user login, and I assume you are doing the same.  If you just run the logon script from a command prompt and turn the echo on, there should be messages one way or another.  I've never tried running a .CMD file from command prompt, so you may have to run it as a .BAT file.   Also, are there any clues in event viewer? 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Andrew Carrick

Thanks for the pointers, I'll check these out.
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK