Canon IR Advance Series - Copier/Scanner with built-in security

Started by Jan Regnier, September 01, 2010, 01:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

Has anyone looked at the new Canon ImageRunner ADVANCE series? If I am reading the information correctly, the new machines are including software/hardware to "safeguard confidential information and support security compliance". (http://www.cusa.canon.com/advance)

We don't really need a new copier/scanner (currently have Canon IR 2750) but with all the regulations being forced upon us this might be a solution that small agencies like ours could utlilze to comply with and have the least amount of work trying to comply with the rope being tied around our necks.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Gene Foraker

Holy Moly!

Why would a 7 user agency need to buy a copier for over $10,000.    Well, over that.

Unless you also do work for the CIA, you should not need this.  Yes, someone could break into the office and steal the hard rive from a copier/fax.    So what?    They could break into your office and steal your file server.

Just how many copies do you do a month?    I am around your size and am very happy with a much simpler and cheaper multi function copier.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Jan Regnier

I didn't look at pricing - I wouldn't spend that amount for a copier... - I was just looking at the "feature" of "security" being implemented.   We have a IR 2870 and we are at the bottom of it's capibility.  I usually buy a machine to "grow with" rather than one that just fits.  But it sounds like these new machines with the built-in security is a tad above what I need!

Thanks for the research!  and I think I can put this idea to bed!
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio