Success Stories on Implementing Batch Emailing of COIs to Certificate Holders?

Started by Stephen Beck, August 25, 2010, 11:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Beck

We need to implement a batch process (obviously can be outside of TAM proper) to generate COIs in pdf format from TAM and email and/or fax each to the respective certificate holder. This batch process needs to process multiple COIs based on input list or query, and generate output of multiple COIs, each with its associated email and/or fax numbers for transmission.

We are looking for your success stories of how you have done this. We are open to any and all solutions, including hand-written scripts, integration with third-party email and fax blasting tools, etc.

Please post on this forum for everyone's benefit. And we can take offline for further details.

Thanks very much,
Stephen Beck
sbeck@nipgroup.com
CIO
NIP Group, Inc.

Jeff Zylstra

Unfortunately I don't think you'll find anyone who's done this, but this would certainly be a fantastic use of the system and an excellent suggestion for a PMR to get this added to TAM.  There would need to be some code written to batch print certs and then attach metadata so that the correct certs would go to the correct customers.  It would wonderful if this could be done once a month or so, especially for brokerage houses.   My guess is that there are a bunch of large agents who would love this, and maybe even pay for some custom written program to do it.  Very interesting question.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Stephen Beck

In fact, we just did put in a PMR for this, but the urgency to have this motivated my outreach here.

Thanks.

Stephen Beck

Bloody Jack Kidd

If TAM had a SQL back-end and was more open, I could likely write a PHP script to do this in a day.  But the state of things means that Applied does not like 3rd party apps hitting their db.  Since they have opted for closed source - the onus is on them to develop what the clients need. 

Perhaps the best course of action is to press for this functionality - maybe get more of the folks here to inquire about it.
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Hans Manhave

I can only stress that the end-users, with and without their usergroups convey to Applied the urgency of having an open database.  With that I don't mean that you can run something to Excel, but that you can run direct queries with other software.  Applied cannot possibly think up all the uses that an agency may have.  It changes every day.  TAM/Epic needs to be like the engine of my yard tool.  Other then that I can put my own attachments on it, whichever one I want.

Quote from: Rick Chisholm on August 25, 2010, 05:00:07 PM
If TAM had a SQL back-end and was more open, I could likely write a PHP script to do this in a day.  But the state of things means that Applied does not like 3rd party apps hitting their db.  Since they have opted for closed source - the onus is on them to develop what the clients need. 

Perhaps the best course of action is to press for this functionality - maybe get more of the folks here to inquire about it.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein