Monitor/TV for conference room

Started by Donna Syroid, August 24, 2010, 05:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donna Syroid

My head is swimming after our office move.  I am now working on getting our new conference room set up and am struggling. 

Here is what I am thinking so far (with the help of my friends).  Getting a 42 inch TV that I can hookup a laptop or computer or something.  I am thinking about having a shelf installed in the corner to put this on (up high) and have the electric and network cable behind the TV to hide the cables.

But this is where I need your help.  What device can I get to hook up.  I really don't want a workstation sitting in the corner.  Someone suggested:Acer Aspire Revo AR3610-U2002 Intel Atom 330(1.60GHz) 2GB DDR2 250GB NVIDIA ION graphics Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
It is a little guy with wireless mouse and keyboard.  But I was wondering about a mini laptop although I don't now if you can get them with a network card.

Help me think this though as I don't have many brain cells left from the move.

Donna Syroid

Billy Welsh

If you are just looking for basic Powerpoint type presentations ViewSonic has a little device that plugs directly into the LAN (and if I recall can also go wireless with an adapter) and the screen.

We have the basic model, the software for which is a bit clunky, but once you get the hang of it you just create your slides, import into the device, and then it is all self contained on the device.

I am thinking if ViewSonic has it then there are others as well.  Just depends on your budget.  I went the cheap route to test the waters.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Donna Syroid

We would use this for powerpoint, webinars and Applied training.  At least that is what we used our other workstation that we had in our old conference room.

Donna

Coral

We have tv's in all of our conference rooms. We hid the computers in the cabinetry in the rooms, or in the podium in the large room.  We ran the video cable up inside of the wall. Wireless keyboard and mouse are on the table. This works well for us.
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Jeff Golas

Definitely LCD tv...no plasma. Get a small form factor PC - using an underpowered PC in a conference room never goes well. Even our moderately powered desktop (stashed in a closet) chokes on some things.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com