Win 7 and Closeday :-(

Started by Matthew Udovich, August 20, 2010, 07:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Udovich

Good Morning All,

I moved myself over to a W7 machine yesterday. I pointed the shortcut over to Wintam.exe, and since that is all i can remember being said about using W7, that's all I've done. THe problem I have is running closeday, I am stuck at the Processing Close-Day Invoices screen.

Are there other modifications I need to make?? OR am I out of luck running closeday on this machine?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Matthew

Bob

I think you still need to install another file.  Notes from Margaret Blacks post in another thread elsewhere.

I do understand your situation is invoices and closeday but think this still applies to your fix.

------------

Printing Checks - Only the Check Number and the Words "Check Amount" Print.
Product:  10.5, 10.4, 10.3, 10.2, 10.1, 10.0, 9.4, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0

Cause: .NET 1.1 not installed on Windows XP or Vista station.
Solution:

To correct this problem:

1. Install .NET 1.1 by running G:\WINTAM\UPDATES\INSTALLS\DOTNETFX.EXE
   2. Right click on DOTNETFX.EXE and select Run As Administrator.
   3. Then click Start, Run  and type x:\WINTAM\ASUPDATE /RR and [Enter].

Uninstall DOTNETFX and DOTNETFX20 if already installed, then re-install.  Also run X:\WINTAM\ASUPDATE /RR after installing.

Matthew Udovich

Thanks Bob, i have followed the directions, I'll know more Monday when I run closeday again. I have my old machine sitting right behind me, I have a felling I'll be needing that for awhile
:-)

Thanks again for the help.

-Matthew

Jeff Zylstra

Our bookkeepers machine is running fine on Windows 7 after the DotNet was installed.  If the user account that you are running under does not have admin privileges, you may have to do some registry hacks to get user account control to work properly and pass the rights on in the background.  Other than that, no problems.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Ian Blundell

Do you or anyone else have these registry hacks?  I have made the users local administrators (but not domain administrators) but am still having problems getting various things to run without getting a prompt for the administrator code & password.

Quote from: Jeff Zylstra on August 20, 2010, 12:39:57 PM
Our bookkeepers machine is running fine on Windows 7 after the DotNet was installed.  If the user account that you are running under does not have admin privileges, you may have to do some registry hacks to get user account control to work properly and pass the rights on in the background.  Other than that, no problems.
Ian Blundell
BHB Insurance
35 users, TAM 10.7, Fax@vantage 7.2

mblack

Wish I could help you with this Ian as I owe for the help with my @vantage issue.
Margaret Black
mblack@ambins.com
Allan M Block Agency, Tarrytown, NY
ASCnet PAC - Customer / LEAD - Nominations
TAM 12.5.3 25 users, W2008 Server, Office 2007, Exchange, @vantage 9.0, Ezlynx Rating