TAM Usable Accord Substitute for 196 - Medical Professional Liability

Started by Steven Strauss, August 19, 2010, 04:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Strauss

I had an operations manager request that I ask the following question of this group: 

We are standing up a new business and all things beign equal the business owner would like to avail themselves of Accord 196 - Medical Professional Liability. From what I understand, this particular form is not available in TAM. Can anyone point us to the best TAM-enabled alternative?

Thanks!
Steven Strauss - CFO
NIP Group, Inc.  Woodbridge, NJ
Epic 2022 R2
CSR24, Salesforce, Cognos Finance, TM1

Jim Jensen

I think the General Liability is the only app that comes at all close. That's likely not enough, or there would be no question. An alternative is to take the 196, scan it in and place it as an image in a TAM Word formletter. Then you can overlay text on top of the image and be able to pull in data from the client detail and from the Acord 125 (Applicant Section). You could type in other information for the appropriate fields to then print/email a "completed application". If your security is set such that the documents can't be edited, then you'd have a retention of them similar to policy history too. Keep in mind though that you can't insert drop down boxes, check boxes or other form fields, as they don't play nicely with Applied's Word macros.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Zylstra

I don't know if they still do this or not, but I think that AB Solutions will write custom apps for you that can be used ih TAM.  If they don't do it, I'm sure that Todd Arnold would know of someone who could. Or, maybe Nick might know of someone.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Steven Strauss

Steven Strauss - CFO
NIP Group, Inc.  Woodbridge, NJ
Epic 2022 R2
CSR24, Salesforce, Cognos Finance, TM1

Jan Regnier

You could create a custom dec - you can set it up so it pulls in to a Summary of Ins. or you could create an excel spreadsheet to resemble the acord form and contain the same fields - but I don't believe any of the info could be pulled into any other form or document.  You can print the excel spreadsheet but you can't print the custom dec (other than Screen shot).
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Hans Manhave

Quote from: Jan Regnier on August 20, 2010, 12:29:19 PM
You could create a custom dec - you can set it up so it pulls in to a Summary of Ins. or you could create an excel spreadsheet to resemble the acord form and contain the same fields - but I don't believe any of the info could be pulled into any other form or document.  You can print the excel spreadsheet but you can't print the custom dec (other than Screen shot).

Custom decs have pretty good Word integration.  Time consuming, but does work quite well.  After the custom dec has been created and a sample has been entered in TAM, set up a Word form letter and it can pull in all the fields.  Not sure about Acord copyrights, convenience etc of all this, but something can be done that way.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein