Win 7 and TAM

Started by Matthew Udovich, July 29, 2010, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Udovich

Good Morning All  ;D

For those that have TAM running in Windows 7,

What modifications did you have to do to Windows 7? i.e. change the autoexec or config file (does that still exist in 7?), themes

What Version of Windows 7 (I know it's 32 bit  ::) but what version, Ulitmate, semi-great, almost Professional) are you using?

What are the hang ups/gotchas?

Many thanks for the help.

Bob

I didn't do much at all.  Didn't even use config.nt or autoexec.nt files.  I think maybe more needed for custom dec pages these days.

You will want to change to Windows Classic Theme.  If not some accounting portions bomb out and creates some issues in system with system font.

After running asupdate.exe /rr, after you've tested and logged in, edit the shortcut for TAM.  Point it to wintam.exe vs. asupdate.  This fixes some printing issues.

Since deploying w7 with 10.3 I have had to rebuild the local wintam folder twice when problems encountered.   Other than that is has worked just fine.  Jeff and Ian refer to installing some file dotnet something.  I have never found nor used and running ok.  About all I can tell you from my experience.   Sure others can add more!  :)

Matthew Udovich

Thanks Bob, I will be replacing my machine (finally) and was thinking that I would make a good test subject for 7 and TAM. Thanks again for the help.

Hans Manhave

Windows 7 Professional?  Or the Enterprise licensing or ???
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Matthew Udovich

1 machine, OEM Win 7 Ultimate with downgrade to XP, in case it just doesn't work for me

Lori

Is it the wintam.ini on the C drive that you need to delete when things are really not right with TAM?

BTW - I have had tons of issues setting up 2 workstations on Windows 7. Still trying to get the 3rd monitor to work. I think Bob either has a few tricks he hasn't shared or he is just lucky  :D

Bob

I replied to your email.   :D