AS Website flakiness

Started by Jim Jensen, May 04, 2023, 11:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

Performed some TAM upgrades and had trouble with obtaining the documentation in the AS website. When trying to access the Release Notes and Installation docs, I've often had it error out telling me that need to log into the Applied Community to access them, even though I was logged in. Browser flavor didn't matter. Called support and got the simple answer of "yeah, the website is finicky at times." Then it randomly lets me get to them again.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Mark

Did you try clearing your cache and reopening the browser?  :o

(That's the master fix for Epic Browser)  8)
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jim Jensen

Ha! no. tech's answer pretty much supported not doing anything. I was disappointed though that its known to be flaky and they seem not to be doing anything to fix that. One would think that a software company could at least have a good functioning website.

Quote from: Mark on May 04, 2023, 11:53:45 AM
Did you try clearing your cache and reopening the browser?  :o

(That's the master fix for Epic Browser)  8)

Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Joshua Conner

I am so tired of the cop-out answer of "Clear your Cache"  we have had lots of carrier site issues and its always them its never a cache problem.   They do realize clearing the cache affects other sites not just theirs.  So that isn't a fix-all solution. 
Joshua Conner
Conner Insurance
Tam 2014 R2
Epic online with CSR24 and Salesforce Integration
39 Employees
Former Vice President Indiana Applied User Group
Webmaster http://www.appliedusergroup.com
Blog http://mylifewithtam.blogspot.com

Mark

Quote from: Jim Jensen on May 04, 2023, 12:34:51 PM
Ha! no. tech's answer pretty much supported not doing anything. I was disappointed though that its known to be flaky and they seem not to be doing anything to fix that. One would think that a software company could at least have a good functioning website.

Even though they are a software company, there is a pretty good chance that they outsource some or all of their website.  They are also for sure using Cloudflare and likely use something like Optimizely, which I'm not very familiar with, but would make sense.  All these things muxed together, I'm not surprised if it's "flaky".  Cloudflare CDN is great and super popular, but things still need to propagate, etc.  So something could be flaky for you ad perfectly fine for me, then works for you later in the day.
Mark Piontek, MBA

GeorgeW

I get the message trying to get to release notes and just try two or three times and it opens. Nice! ha
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jeff Golas

I had an issue getting to the SSO documentation for Epic - asked our rep to just forward me all 4 articles so I could browse them as it was less than a week before our go-live date for it, and her answer was to have me make sure my pop-up browser isn't on. I was overloaded at the moment just needed the !@#$@ information. Support ended up answering the questions and we're now on SSO, but I was so frustrated with that. Finding documentation on that site is confusing and frustrating at best.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Mark

Quote from: Jeff Golas on May 11, 2023, 11:21:58 AM
I had an issue getting to the SSO documentation for Epic - asked our rep to just forward me all 4 articles so I could browse them as it was less than a week before our go-live date for it, and her answer was to have me make sure my pop-up browser isn't on. I was overloaded at the moment just needed the !@#$@ information. Support ended up answering the questions and we're now on SSO, but I was so frustrated with that. Finding documentation on that site is confusing and frustrating at best.

I brought up the documentation in our users group meeting last month and talked quite a bit about this.
Mark Piontek, MBA