Commercial Policy Types - Part 2

Started by Alice, July 26, 2010, 09:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Still taking baby steps...

I've been asked to add a policy type for Professional Liability. I was not given the form to use with it.  Can y'all let me know what you're using and what form it belongs to? I would rather make it something the majority of commercial agents use instead of what was suggested in the request (PROFL). Yes, too many characters so I need some help.
Thank you!

Andrew Carrick

Sorry I can't help you being in the UK and all, but did I miss something, is there a "Part 1" post?
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jim Jensen

We have 2 - PROF and PE&O. I wouldn't suggest using the "&" though. There have been editions of TAM where those special characters caused some issues. I don't tyhink we use that code at all. We just use the PROF one. Applied has been working on a Professional Liability standard application (can't recall if it's been released yet or not), but it's not in TAM. Thus right now you have the choice of using the GL app or creating a custom dec page. The GL App doesn't have to be set up like a custom dec, but doesn't necessarily fit is as well.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Alice

Quote from: Andrew Carrick on July 27, 2010, 03:54:38 AM
Sorry I can't help you being in the UK and all, but did I miss something, is there a "Part 1" post?

I think it was about 2 months ago I added a post with the same subject. I searched for it to see what I was asking...thought maybe there was somethng in there I could use. But it was about something else. You really didn't miss anything  ;)

Alice

Thanks Jim.
No one here will create a custom deck so I'm thinking of associating the GL app. There's two - Simplified and Non-Simplified. Which would/should I use?

Thanks again!

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Alice on July 27, 2010, 01:36:58 PM
Thanks Jim.
No one here will create a custom deck so I'm thinking of associating the GL app. There's two - Simplified and Non-Simplified. Which would/should I use?

Thanks again!

Technically the non-simplified doesn't exist anymore at Acord, but I'd look at each to see if the non-simplified has fields that might be helpful that aren't on the 'simplified'.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Ray Alvarez

We use the GL Acord.  On the Coverages tab instead of selecting "Commercial General Liability", we select "Other" and then type in "E&O" and give the limits to the right.
Ray
Ray Alvarez, AAI, AIS
Petschauer Insurance Agency
New York City
TAM 2014;
Exchange; Win2003 Server; 15 Users
Upload, Download/TS/CL/PL

brinkerdana

Quote from: Alice on July 26, 2010, 09:47:23 PM
Still taking baby steps...

I've been asked to add a policy type for Professional Liability. I was not given the form to use with it.  Can y'all let me know what you're using and what form it belongs to? I would rather make it something the majority of commercial agents use instead of what was suggested in the request (PROFL). Yes, too many characters so I need some help.
Thank you!

The ideal situation would be to create a custom dec for E&O.  Used E&O as policy type in most agencies, others used PROF.  If you don't know how or don't have time to create the custom dec, you could associate it with the GL-S Acord app.  At least you will be able to have limits, deductibles, Claims Made, etc. associate with summaries and proposals.  However, on the summary, it will show up as "General Liability" with "Errors & Omissions" or "Professional Liability" underneath the heading. 

If you decide to add a custom dec later, you'll lose the information on the GL-S app when you do.  (unless you create a new policy code for the custom dec)
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Alice on July 27, 2010, 01:36:58 PM

No one here will create a custom deck Thanks again!

If there is a way to create a custom dec here and get it to you I would make it for you.  All I would need is what info you want on the dec.  I just don't know if there is a way to make it and send it.  Anyone know if I can do that?
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Alice

Sorry I haven't replied Jan - I'm not ignoring you. Got really sick and am just getting back on my feet.  Anyway...

I appreciate the offer but I know they won't be interested. If it isn't already there, or automated in some way, they'll skip it.  What's the definition of >work< again?

Jan Regnier

Glad you are feeling better, Alice....no problem....but  - my---what silly people!! Oh, well, I guess they do what works for them....
Jan Regnier

Hans Manhave

Quote from: Jan Regnier on July 29, 2010, 02:35:13 PM
If there is a way to create a custom dec here and get it to you I would make it for you.  All I would need is what info you want on the dec.  I just don't know if there is a way to make it and send it.  Anyone know if I can do that?

Interesting thought.  Maybe we can turn it into a Wiki article when it is figured out?  Let's start with listing all the things we know about custom dec pages (please add, expand, and correct):

- Info is stored in x:\apps
- There are two basic files with data: apcustom.dbf (schedules) and apcustm2.dbf (non-schedules).
- apfields.dbf is a listing of all the field names of all the custom decs with more info.  (I have not used the info stored here)
- custom decs have files with the code of the custom dec (abcd.dbf, abcd.ndx, abcd-2.ndx, abcd-3.ndx)
      (not sure what the *.ndx files do, I have not used them).

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Lance Bateman

Just as everywhere else ".ndx" is the index file - they still use the old indexing system that points to where the contents of a record actually exist.

Quote from: H_Manhave on August 04, 2010, 11:11:32 AM
Quote from: Jan Regnier on July 29, 2010, 02:35:13 PM

Interesting thought.  Maybe we can turn it into a Wiki article when it is figured out?  Let's start with listing all the things we know about custom dec pages (please add, expand, and correct):

- Info is stored in x:\apps
- There are two basic files with data: apcustom.dbf (schedules) and apcustm2.dbf (non-schedules).
- apfields.dbf is a listing of all the field names of all the custom decs with more info.  (I have not used the info stored here)
- custom decs have files with the code of the custom dec (abcd.dbf, abcd.ndx, abcd-2.ndx, abcd-3.ndx)
      (not sure what the *.ndx files do, I have not used them).

Jan Regnier

I like that idea, Hans...a Wiki article on how to create and distribute Custom Decs....
Jan Regnier

brinkerdana

Somewhere in this mess, I think I have original instructions on how to enter custom decs and direct the info to proposals/summaries.  It may be an ASCnet document however, and I would want to start something with them.

/d
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired