Main Menu

Printer Scanner Copier

Started by Joshua Conner, May 16, 2022, 11:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua Conner

I am looking for a printer scanner copier for about 15 employees it must be laser and print in color.   I have always gone with HP but I bought an M577 and it has been terrible and so have many other hp of similar caliber.   I have been looking on Amazon and I don't see any large enough to handle the workload I will throw at it.   

Any advice? 
Joshua Conner
Conner Insurance
Tam 2014 R2
Epic online with CSR24 and Salesforce Integration
39 Employees
Former Vice President Indiana Applied User Group
Webmaster http://www.appliedusergroup.com
Blog http://mylifewithtam.blogspot.com

Mark

For color, we went with Ikon/Ricoh.  The fact that they maintain it makes it worth it for us.  Many many years ago I was doing the non-leased printer thing and that got pricey and became a pain in the rear.  We actually have one on each floor, but I don't think there are even 15 people in the entire office today.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Billy Welsh

Gee, now I'm feeling really good about the M478 the boss-man purchased  :o   It's been fine so far (other than the "login" required by the scanning app so they can data-mine  >:( ) but it is not getting a huge amount of use.

I was going to suggest the same thing as Mark.  At the agency we got really good service out of some Ricoh's purchased used after coming off 3-year leases.  Did the same with a Canon at my last gig.  Don't know how that fits in your budget.  The maintenance agreement is key.  They usually want the toner controlled - you have to buy from them or buy the preferred brand or the contract is null.  In both cases we had the toner included in the maint. contract, and negotiated hard on the per page charge. 

Quote from: Joshua Conner on May 16, 2022, 11:35:36 AMI am looking for a printer scanner copier for about 15 employees it must be laser and print in color.   I have always gone with HP but I bought an M577 and it has been terrible and so have many other hp of similar caliber.   I have been looking on Amazon and I don't see any large enough to handle the workload I will throw at it.   

Any advice?
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Tom Fisher

If you're looking for something you won't have serviced by an outside company, we love Brother these days.  Parts and toner are abundant.  Inexpensive enough that if you end up with any serious issues outside of warranty, you just replace the thing.  Sad but true reality of disposable equipment.
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com