Support Chat is gone?

Started by Jim Jensen, April 28, 2022, 09:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

It looks like Applied killed off Chat for support. Tried to find it this morning and found a message that 'chat has been updated' and it looks like now it's just an automated response help system, no live techs. On hold for a real person right now and the on-hold messages still say to go to bottom of the page and click "chat with us". It also indicated if you need to open a support item to go to cases and create a new one. But that just created a ticket - no way to communicate with anyone and it doesn't indicate if someone will call or what. Back to the '90s support it seems. Hope they don't push a 900 number for support back out again.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jim Jensen

After I created the ticket and nothing seemed to happen, I received a confirmation email that said "we look forward to serving you promptly". Um, what's that mean? That came after I was already on hold waiting for a tech. Hold time was longer than I'm used to, as well.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Mark

Sir, I used it this morning.  Talked to Josh about how the Epic Move Attachments Utility should also allow changing of Security Access Levels. (Idea here: https://appliedsystems.brightidea.com/EpicPAC/D13113)

Select your system Epic/TAM/CSR24, then the bot asks your question.  Say whatever but keep it within context.  The bot will offer up some articles and ask if they helped, say no.  then it will link you to the knowledge base and ask if you were able to find anything - again, say no.  It will then connect you.  I have this down to about 2 seconds to get into the queue  8)

I have seen chat disappear for short periods before, but this doesn't happen often.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Hans Manhave

I used it two days ago.  KB suggests, but nothing related, then got connected.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Jim Jensen

See this is why I come here! It didn't look like it was going to do anything but offer up suggestions, so I didn't bother. They need to document it better.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Mark

Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 28, 2022, 02:32:32 PM
See this is why I come here! It didn't look like it was going to do anything but offer up suggestions, so I didn't bother. They need to document it better.

I'm sure the idea behind it is to push users towards existing resources _first_ to free up support agents.  It actually has worked for me once where I decided to read something that was offered by the bot.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Ric

Chat is working just fine as of a moment ago.
Ric Tucker
Manager of Information Systems
Past President, New Jersey Chapter

J A Mariano Agency
TAM 2020, 11users, Windows 2019 Server,
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit workstations
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Acoustic guitar, drums, percussion
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Ric

For the record I CANNOT STAND THE BOT!

I have made A$I keenly aware of this fact BASED ON the fact it wastes so much of everyone's time (Including the people who wrote the code for it)  They are trying to herd us to the KB.

It's great to have a KB and useful/necessary to have chat. FORCING us to use the KB via the bot, inside chat is counterproductive

Rant over
Ric Tucker

J A Mariano Agency
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Mark

I haven't searched the KB in a while, really, as I struggle to drill down to what I'm looking for.  If you can't search with quotes, then you really can't search at all.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Mark

Quote from: Mark on April 29, 2022, 12:31:42 PM
If you can't search with quotes, then you really can't search at all.

I may have spoke too soon.  I think quotes DO work now!  8)
Mark Piontek, MBA

Ric

Quote from: Mark on April 29, 2022, 12:34:44 PM
Quote from: Mark on April 29, 2022, 12:31:42 PM
If you can't search with quotes, then you really can't search at all.

I may have spoke too soon.  I think quotes DO work now!  8)

Searching with quotes is a must have
Ric Tucker

J A Mariano Agency
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Tom Fisher

The bot is a pile of poop.  Even if you tell it what area you want, you still end up in a random queue and almost always have to be xfered to the proper department.
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Ric

Quote from: Tom Fisher on April 29, 2022, 04:00:04 PM
The bot is a pile of poop.  Even if you tell it what area you want, you still end up in a random queue and almost always have to be xfered to the proper department.

Tom,

I completely agree that "The bot is a pile of poop."! Not sure what issue you are aving but for at least the last 6 months I have been placed in the proper queue -- which is selected before getting to the Bot

Applied Assistant

Choose one of the following options
  IT/Hardware/Networking
  Accounting
  Policy/Proofs Insurance
  Download & RT Interface
  General

Ric Tucker

J A Mariano Agency
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Tom Fisher

I just wanna go back to 2010 or so. lol.
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Ric

Quote from: Tom Fisher on April 29, 2022, 04:14:12 PM
I just wanna go back to 2010 or so. lol.

Sooooooooooooooooo there with you! 

My hair had more color back then too! :)
Ric Tucker

J A Mariano Agency
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Chrome, Microsoft 365