Epic updating randomly?

Started by Tom Fisher, February 28, 2022, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Fisher

I've not seen this with my own eyes and honestly, the first report of it I didn't think much of it - but I've had three reports in the last month or so of Epic users saying they were just working along and suddenly got the 'updating' progress bar... during which they gave it a bit of time (15 minutes or so I'm told) and the progress bar just stops and Epic is just locked up.  In all cases, a computer reboot resolves and life continues on.

I've never seen Epic update out of the blue like that... anyone else?
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

Mark

I've never had that happen, but it did update at login recently.  Might have been yesterday or maybe Thursday. It was unusual to me because 1) it was a very short/quick update; and 2) I was never notified of an upcoming update.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Tom Fisher

Thanks Mark.. at least there's some truth to what's going on lol.
Tom Fisher
The Tech Frood
tom@techfrood.com
www.techfrood.com

GeorgeW

Ours has always randomly updated sometimes when logging into Epic. Usually very quick and like you said, we don't know what is being updated.

Also, if you access certain areas you haven't before, like a policy with a custom dec, Epic will run an update automatically.
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Mark

Quote from: GeorgeW on March 02, 2022, 11:15:03 AM
Also, if you access certain areas you haven't before, like a policy with a custom dec, Epic will run an update automatically.

Yep.  I just never saw this immediately after logging in unless there was an update announced.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security