Main Menu

Oki C3400N

Started by Bloody Jack Kidd, July 21, 2010, 01:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Jack Kidd

anyone using an Oki 3400N for small office colo(u)r printing?

thoughts?
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Hans Manhave

If it is like the Oki 3641 (we have the full beast with all the bells & whistles), I can recommend it for excellent color.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Jeff Golas

We used to have an older Oki...it ran great, until some plastic piece broke that was buried WAAAY down in the engine. The piece was only a couple bucks but it would taken tearing the printer down to almost nothing to fix. I epoxied it...ran it for a while and we now switched to color copiers.

I also did a cost analysis at the time with true numbers including every toner cart, every drum, and even the CPU fan I had to replace once, and it all aligned with their advertised figures, so I was happy there.

It was great when it worked, but like any other color printer, the drums wear and age unevenly, and that can cause issues getting the colors calibrated right.

Last but not least - be very careful opening it. The drums face upwards so ambient light can damage them if you dont cover them up. I just pieced a piece of paper out of a nearby trash can and laid it across the top of the carts/drums if I had to do anything in there. Its not an issue until you leave it open for several minutes.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com