Activity Notes...the good, the bad and this is the ugly...

Started by Amy C, May 10, 2016, 12:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy C

Is anyone having trouble with Activity Notes downloads from Central Insurance? 

Here is the issue I am having:  The Activity Notes are sent from the company and land in a Temp file on my C: drive.  The company names many of these files Renewal.pdf.  This file does not automatically delete from said Temp file so when the next Activity Note comes (also named Renewal.pdf) it errors out because the file name already exists in the folder.  Applied has been working on this and tried setting up a utility to run daily and delete temporary files but that hasn't worked either.  I really don't want to have to go into the Temp file each time I get an Activity Note download from Central and delete the problem file but so far that is the only solution that would seem to work.

We haven't had problems with any other companies like this.  The Applied rep wanted to ask Central to rename the files but since they are using Acord standards, they can't (?).

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this?   
You can't fix stupid...

Jennifer Nugent
CMS Insurance, Cincinnati, OH
TAM 2015

Jeff Zylstra

You may be able to write a small program to rename any file that is over 1 day old for example, and then delete any of those files in the "temp" file folder over let's say 5 days old in case someone doesn't assign the files for a couple days.   This small file could be executed on a schedule using Windows' own "Task Scheduler". 

I'm assuming that these files can be resent if there is a problem, so even that may not be an issue.  It's not perfect, but it's a workaround for what seems like an antiquated system.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jeff Golas

Chances are, you may be having permissions problems running a script, as that file is likely created/owned by you/your account, and the script/task is running as System. If thats the case, it may be an easy fix to just have the root folder have "everyone" permission on it, or something along those lines.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com