New server - HP Printer

Started by Jan Regnier, April 13, 2016, 01:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

We replaced server last week.  MS 2012 R2 software.  The HP 4250 printer is the network printer.  Certain programs (in like - payroll) is printing a blank 2nd page - which in most cases would be a non-issue (annoying but a non-issue).  However, the payroll program is skipping the 2nd ck (as in leaving it blank) and printing #2 check on the 3rd check (not an issue as it is printing the checks in the order they should print but the last ck has to be printed on the 2ND CK! - they are pre-numbered so it doesn't screw anything up as far as the cks go or any other function).  Now that I know this, I can insert a blank piece of paper between ck #1 and ck #2 - BUT I would rather just have it print correctly! 

I looked at the printer options/setup and do not see where that request is coming from.  The reports preview as only the printed pages but when they print out the 2nd page is blank and the rest of the report prints starting on pg 3.....is this a driver issue?

TIA...
(not having a problem in TAM printing checks - prints properly - no blank pages).

(didn't have this issue prior to changing server & reloading printers)
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jeff Zylstra

How do you have this setup?  Is the server acting as a print server, or is it just connected to the network via ethernet, and each computer prints directly to the printer?   I would think that it is either a driver issue of a settings issue.  Maybe the form length is off, or something silly like that.

When you said this, it immediately took me back to the days of old when you have to enter your own printer control codes in TAM.  That tells you how long we've been on TAM!
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jan Regnier

"connected to the network via ethernet, and each computer prints directly to the printer"

It's the Intuit accounting program that is sticking in the extra page.  TAM doesn't do it.
I have looked at the settings "every which way but Sunday" and just don't see where it could be coming from.  I have looked at both the printer and the program printer settings...just don't see anything -  which is making me think it is a driver issue.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio