Main Menu

Ricoh MP C5503sp

Started by Lynne Desrochers, February 11, 2016, 01:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne Desrochers

We're looking at leasing two Savin / Ricoh MP C5503sp Digital Copiers. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?
Thank you!
Lynne
Lynne Desrochers

Debbie Fuson

We have a Ricoh MP C5503 in our remote office.  I asked one of the account managers there, and she said they like it. 

I can't remember exactly when we put that copier in service, but it has been about six months.
Debbie Fuson
Brown & Brown of Tennessee
Vision 6.4 and Inscope

Lynne Desrochers

Lynne Desrochers

Steven Strauss

We just retired about 12 Ricoh copiers of varying sizes. They were reasonably bulletproof for the first few years we had them. After about three years of HEAVY use, the service guy was here every few months to fix something or other. After five years, he was here every month. I guess you can say that about any copier you are putting 250k pages through per year, but none of the devices ever did die.
Steven Strauss - CFO
NIP Group, Inc.  Woodbridge, NJ
Epic 2022 R2
CSR24, Salesforce, Cognos Finance, TM1

Debbie Fuson

Here in Nashville, we also have an older Ricoh MP6001 that survived a move across town five years ago and is still clicking away.  It's not heavily used, but seems to give very little trouble.  It's had maybe one service call in five years.

Our second one is a C4502 that is about two years old.  Being color and sitting in commercial lines, it sees a lot more use and does require more service.  Although - and I know it sounds like typical IT cynicism - I chalk part of that up to user abuse. 
Debbie Fuson
Vision 6.4 and Inscope

Lynne Desrochers

Thank you. We're going to move forward with them. I can handle every few months, especially if I remind myself about the usage.
I appreciate the input.
Lynne
Lynne Desrochers

Jeff Zylstra

We're not heavy copier users anymore (thankfully), so I've lost perspective on this.  Is it my imagination, or have copiers gotten significantly more reliable, durable, and needing less service and/or maintenance recently?    We've owned some "dogs" over the years, but I wonder if it makes a difference which brand or model you buy anymore.   Thoughts and/or experiences to share?

P.S.  We just bought a new copier about 6 months ago.  A "Sindoh" D-202 color copier.  It's made by the company that makes the copiers for Minolta-Konica.  It is identical to the Minolta copiers, with the exception that it doesn't have the larger LCD screen.  The reason I bought it was that it was about half the price on the Minolta copier.  It doesn't have as many available options, but for a few thousand dollars, I don't care.   Sindoh is just making its way in the U.S., but the parts and supplies are the same as Minlota.  It pays to ask questions about what else is available as there is a hefty markup in copiers. 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Sherry Burrell

We haven't had a copier in at least 5 years - maybe more.  We have two scanners - one multi-page feed for our Epic scanning and one cheapo flatbed for things like CC receipts, etc.  If someone needs a copy, we scan to print. 

Now we only have clients in our office maybe once a month if that, and we have no paper files, so really no call for paper copies.
Sherry Burrell
Oakbridge Insurance Agency-Duluth GA
Epic 2022 Online w/CSR24, 6 users

Debbie Fuson

We don't copy much either.  They're all multi-function devices and are used more for printing and scanning than actual copying.
Debbie Fuson
Vision 6.4 and Inscope