CSR reassigment

Started by Jim Jensen, January 21, 2016, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

I'm aware of the CSR reassignment utility (though I can't seem to find it), but I'm not sure it does what I want. I think it reassigns accounts or policies to a different CSR. Is there a utility that will allow us to reassign all open activities from a who-to-follow-up code to a different one? We need to move a boatload from someone that no longer works for us to someone that does.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Jim Jensen on January 21, 2016, 04:58:35 PM
I'm aware of the CSR reassignment utility (though I can't seem to find it), but I'm not sure it does what I want. I think it reassigns accounts or policies to a different CSR. Is there a utility that will allow us to reassign all open activities from a who-to-follow-up code to a different one? We need to move a boatload from someone that no longer works for us to someone that does.

There is a workload reassignment utility somewhere out there as well.  I think that might be the one you're thinking of, and it allows you some flexibility as well.  Under Utilities somewhere, I think.  I ran into one however, where you ran a report, and at the end of the report, it actually did the rename.  It's been years now, and I just can't remember everything anything anymore. 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Todd Arnold

Hey Jim! 

In Reports-Activity there is a report (that is really the utility) that lets you do exactly what you are wanting.  It's up towards the top of that list, "change activity file utility". 
In the criteria setting, the very first criteria is the thing you are going to change - all the others under that are to identify the activities that are to be changed.
It'll queue up for night utilities, so make sure you have "batch change activity file" checked in your night utilities setup.
Todd Arnold
AB Solutions, Inc.
800-753-7785 x111

Jim Jensen

Awesome - thanks Todd. I never thought to look in Reports!

Quote from: Todd Arnold on January 21, 2016, 05:23:04 PM
Hey Jim! 

In Reports-Activity there is a report (that is really the utility) that lets you do exactly what you are wanting.  It's up towards the top of that list, "change activity file utility". 
In the criteria setting, the very first criteria is the thing you are going to change - all the others under that are to identify the activities that are to be changed.
It'll queue up for night utilities, so make sure you have "batch change activity file" checked in your night utilities setup.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis