Associating Attachments in TAM

Started by BGrassi, December 23, 2015, 09:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do YOU feel about TAM?

A) It's the best thing since sliced bread!
B) I wish I could make changes to it.
C) It's evil, but a necessary evil.
D) I wish I had listened to my parents and chosen a different profession!

BGrassi

I am a fairly new user in TAM (less than 3 months).  In my "previous life", I QA tested proprietary software for usability.  I find TAM to be frustrating and not very intuitive, but that's another story...   

When using TAM, previous users in my office never associated an attachment with a particular policy.  When I search only Workers Compensation attachments on a specific account, not many attachments show up.  This happens a lot in an office where TAM is recently introduced, where there are many new users or where users are not very "Tech savvy".

As opposed to having to sort through every attachment each time I look for something, is there any way (other than being a superuser) to create the association after the attachment is uploaded to TAM?

It would make future searches go much more quickly.  If there is no easy way for this to be done - this is a good example of how TAM could become more user friendly.  And as long as I'm wishing for stuff, easy sorting and filtering of attachments (by date and type) would make my job SO much easier!

Steven Strauss

We just completed a project to organize our attachments, which we have done through the creation/revision of categories and sub-categories. This was somewhat difficult for us, because we have bent TAM to house four distinct and separate divisions (traditional retail brokerage, MGA, Wholesale and Group Captive). By creating the attachment categories using general parameters we were able to come up with a set that is usable for each of the four. Guided by Sue Good of Alexant Systems (she is AWESOME by the way, if you ever need TAM support she is an absolute guru on most things TAM) we created a series of categories that were activity based so as to limit the frustrating searches. Also, the description field in attachments is searchable as well, so we created a specific convention to be used going forward on all attachment descriptions to promote our new paradigm of TAM organization. Although we only did this recently, the front line staff has already reported huge efficiency gains.
Steven Strauss - CFO
NIP Group, Inc.  Woodbridge, NJ
Epic 2022 R2
CSR24, Salesforce, Cognos Finance, TM1

Jeff Zylstra

There are secondary categories that are available, so it would seem it is possible to create "policy type" codes as secondary codes, and then filter for those to find work comp specific attachments.  I agree, there should be some way to associate attachments with policies.  Merry Christmas, btw.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop