Client Purge Help

Started by Jim Jensen, November 09, 2015, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

We are working through some client purging. Haven't really done it in the past. Part of upgrading to Tam 2015 was gaining more choices/control in purging. Ran a purge this morning and a list of clients came up as unable to be deleted. It was for one of two general reasons - Memos or Transactions. I found some had unprinted memos. We either deleted them or moved them to history. However, most don't have either of those. They do have memos in history, but surely that's not the problem, as we used to use a lot of memos.

A handful have transactions, but they are paid and fully reconciled and carriers paid. So what's up with transactions?
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Zylstra

When running a purge or archive we found many things that did not show up in any of the nightly utilities or TamStart utilities.  We had errors, but for this I would highly recommend that you kick everyone out of the system early one night, and run it while support is on the phone.  We ran into a few small issues that the tech quickly dispatched, and a couple of larger ones that they had to dial into our system to fix as well.  Archiving and/or purging is not for the faint of heart.  Get support help.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jim Jensen

Purges have gone fine (been taking small bites) but not sure why a few were not able to be purged. They came up as such in the preview list. Docs about purges in the KB are thin and few.

I intend to purge quite a bit of policy history, but found 2 surprises:
1. Doesn't appear that I can select certain types of policies/client (personal v. commercial) or even get a preview list to deselect some clients like other purge options offer.

2. Purging policy doesn't appear to actually shorten the policy history list, it just replaces the description with "purged". I was hoping to have short policy history lists in the end.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

DebAmstutz

So the policy history list will look like this for all the old stuff you get rid of?  (I'm guessing that dates/policy types of the old stuff will be there indicating which ones are gone.)

Purged
Purged
Purged
Purged
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Jim Jensen

Quote from: DebAmstutz on November 10, 2015, 11:38:00 AM
So the policy history list will look like this for all the old stuff you get rid of?  (I'm guessing that dates/policy types of the old stuff will be there indicating which ones are gone.)

Purged
Purged
Purged
Purged

Yes, that's what I see. The application is gone and the description is changed to XX-Purged  (where XX is the application type, AP, PR, NP, etc.). So basically it looks the same post-purge as pre-purge except for the description and the lack of any applications behind the billing screen.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis