HP1100A printer/copier not printing

Started by DebAmstutz, August 26, 2015, 11:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

OR....it's just by chance the printer is dying at the same time a change was made and it LOOKS like it was because of the change....
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

DebAmstutz

I haven't tried logging on as the other user yet, but I may do that in the morning, turn off the workstation and see if the printer goes offline for that user.  If it doesn't, then the printer just doesn't like the new employee....lol.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

DebAmstutz

Just had to share this - my old reliable HP LaserJet 1100A printer has been acting in a cantankerous manner lately.  It wasn't wanting to pull paper through to print.  It began when running NU and I thought maybe there was a problem with the temperature in the room being too cold and affecting the printer in a negative way.  I didn't move to this room until last spring when temperatures were more moderate, so my old printer had never experienced a room as cold as this one is overnight.  Then, the paper caught in the printer during the day after things had warmed up.  The IT guy wan in yesterday to check on something else, and (since I'd tried everything I could think of to remedy the situation-cleaning rollers that I could reach, blowing dust out, etc.) asked if the laser cartridge could be the cause of the problem.  He said the toner cartridge could "never" cause a problem with the paper pulling through the printer.  Well, this morning, I changed to a different cartridge, and it's working great again.

When I first put the "bad" cartridge into the printer, the paper problem didn't happen right away.  Otherwise, I'd have suspected the toner cartridge much sooner and changed it out.  Just thought it was funny that the tech said the toner couldn't cause that kind of problem, but apparently, it sure did.  :o
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again