Looking for desk scanners

Started by Jeff Golas, August 18, 2015, 10:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Golas

Any recommendation on desk scanners? Not looking for $1000s of dollar ones, just small/basic sheetfed scanners with good driver software for accounting purposes (scanning to Epic).
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Coral

When I bought desk scanners, I usually bought Fujitsu. They are reliable. I have some that are 5+ years old and still going.
Coral Benton
Epic Online

DebAmstutz

I have a Fujitsu that is at least 10 years old and still works very well. 
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Jan Regnier

We had Fujitsu fi4120c which worked fine but it is not compatible with Windows 7 - no drivers were available to make it compatible.  If I remember correctly it was expensive at the time.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Billy Welsh

We are getting good service from Epson GT-S50's.  In fact I like them better than the Canon's we were using at the agency.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Jeff Zylstra

All of my Canon 2080 and 2050 scanners are at least 10 years old, and some are probably 20 years old.  All are working just fine.  I buy them used off from EBay now.  Just make sure to get the USB models and you'll be fine.  They are real work horses.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Mark

We've been satisfied with some HP desktop multi-function printers, actually.  Very inexpensive.  MFP127fn.  Paid $99 for the last one.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security