Fax cover sheet template

Started by DebAmstutz, July 09, 2015, 11:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebAmstutz

I'm not sure if I can explain this well, but here goes:

People can fax from their desks by choosing the fax machine as a printer, so it appears they have a document in Word or a pdf or whatever and choose to print it, but choose the fax as the "printer".  If they want a cover sheet, they have to create one separately then scan everything into their workstation in order to include the cover sheet.  Is there any simple way for a cover sheet template to be part of that workflow from their desktop without having to scan or do anything else?  I am thinking that it can't happen, but you all know I'm not a techhie, so I said I would ask "the people who know" if it is possible.

We do not have Fax@vantage, but sometimes I wish we did.  We don't fax a lot of things, but people have asked about making the process easier.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Jan Regnier

Deb, the fax program probably has a cover sheet as part of its program.  People just may not be aware it exits.  Our Canon copier/scanner/fax has a basic "cover sheet" but if I remember correctly it has a very limited area to write in.  I did create a cover sheet and it is an option to select from the scanning program.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jeff Golas

What fax software are you using? I would think any printer-driver based solution should be able to append a cover page.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Billy Welsh

My "blue-collar" solution when I needed a "pretty" cover page (Ricoh's was NOT anything to brag about) was to print everything to PDFactory, then print to the Fax printer from there.

Also gave me the PDF that I wanted to attach in TAM or save to server - no scanning required unless I wanted to add confirmation page (which Ricoh would ONLY print to paper  :P :-\ ).
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect