TAM 2013 Active/Inactive Prospects

Started by Mark, June 09, 2015, 08:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

We went to TAM 2013 a week or two ago and are just now noticing that some prospects are being filtered off the list when viewing "Active" prospects.  When changing to "All", the prospects appear on the list.  HOWEVER, these prospects in question are NOT marked as "Inactive".

Anyone seen this before?  Solution?

Thanks.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jan Regnier

Might check the prospect detail screen of one that shows correctly and one that doesn't.  I think I remember that issue with clients and it was the code area that was not filled in on the ones that didn't show up.  I think that also applied to when I filtered them.  Not 100% sure that was the issue but I think it was. Where does the filter/active/inactive "info" read from?
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Mark

Not sure where it reads from.  You can right click the client and mark them active/inactive.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Charlie Charbonneau

You could try inactivating the prospect and then reactivating it.   My understanding is that it is purely a filter toggle.  Makes no actual change to anything other than the active/inactive/all filter.
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Mark

That was my plan Charlie, but I'm wondering why it's happening to begin with.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Charlie Charbonneau

Make sure you don't have any other filters applied?
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Mark on June 09, 2015, 10:04:53 AM
Not sure where it reads from.  You can right click the client and mark them active/inactive.

I do use filters - so maybe that's why I had an issue.  I find when it doesn't show up, if I go to the client detail screen the reason is always the code was missing.  I haven't used the active/inactive on prospects - only on clients.  I don't like my list cluttered with dead stuff.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Hans Manhave

The INS.DBF file contains a field named "D".  The 23rd position appears to be used to indicate Active/Inactive by being either blank or containing a capital I.  The capital I appears to be used to indicate Inactive records.  I have only just now glanced over this.  There could be more things hiding.

<modified for spelling/grammar>
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

Interesting.  That position is blank - we don't have any clients marked inactive.  We just have some not showing up on the "Active" filter.  Have to switch to "All".  Don't see anything in the kb either.  Guess I'll be chatting with them today.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Hans Manhave

Just for fun in case anyone can use this info, Ins.D first position appears to function as a flag for the field 1099 in producer records.  It has an N if the check box is blank and a Y if the check box is x'd.  This is where they Ins.key field equals "P".

I didn't find any other interesting things there but there is lots of room for future use.  :)
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Mark

Alright, after a couple hours of working with Applied Support, we found that this is actually workstation specific and (of course) "fixed in 2014" -- however, they did create PMR 327020 for the issue.

I have a specific machine for Applied to remote into so that I can continue working.  Seems that machine did not have the filtering issue.  But mine does, and so does just about everyone else (so far).  Deleting INI files, running TamClient.exe /RR, stand on our heads, talking to ourselves, well practiced Harry Potter spells -- none of that worked.

So, PMR 327020 was created.  I told them to give up, but with supervisor by his side, the PMR was insisted.
Mark Piontek, MBA