Odd Request from Liberty Mutual

Started by Alice Mooney, April 27, 2015, 05:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice Mooney

Our commercial lines manager asked me to change the commercial branch name to the physical address instead of the HQ address claiming this was requested by Liberty Mutual because they want to see the actual address in forms produced from the management system. We don't particularly like to have the branch physical address in the system because in the past, companies say they sent us something and we never got it.  Also, mail received in the branches do not have a received date stamp, or mail processing procedures. (not for insurance anyway)
Has anyone had a request like this from any of your companies, and what have you done?  Change the address in the management system or not?

Disclaimer
I don't know if Liberty Mutual actually requested this, or if the manager just wants the physical address so he could be a bit more separated from us. It's an acquisition from three years ago and I really don't want to do this. All other branches have the address as HQ.
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Billy Welsh

Actually, as I recall that is a legit request, from Liberty's perspective.  It's downright silly, IMHO, but they were not the only market I dealt with that did this.

The branch office and underwriters are assigned based on your geographic location, at the branch level.  So for a while I was getting 4 separate 8+ page Liberty statements - UGH!!!!!  :-\ :P :(
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Alice Mooney

Thanks Billy.  Good info.
I can never tell if this guy is telling me a story just to get what he wants because he's done it before...many times
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users

Sherry Burrell

Alice, aren't you on Epic?  You can have a different main address and mailing address for each branch.  You could use the main address as the main address for all branches, but the actual mailing address for each branch separately as a mailing address.  When the users distribute the applications, they can choose the mailing address for the specific branch for Liberty only.
Sherry Burrell
Oakbridge Insurance Agency-Duluth GA
Epic 2022 Online w/CSR24, 6 users

Alice Mooney

we moved to Vertafore's AMS360 thing about 2 years ago...maybe 3. 
The branches can each have their own address but it's not been standard practice.  Oh yeah, and AMS doesn't office multiple address to choose from...only room for one.

and I wish we had Epic...
Epic 2018 Online
1000+ users