PDF attachment opens but not if attached within TAM?

Started by Mike, April 08, 2015, 12:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I have been lurking, people. Anyway am back for help please. Our tech can't sort it out and is suggesting we may have to rebuild her profile on TS....? Here is the problem....

Only one user has this issue – suddenly and for no specific reason. When in attachments, and anyone has  emailed from client screen and put an attachment into the email, we can't open that attachment. But if we email from outlook, we can see it. All are PDF and all should open same way....... why not?

Jeff Zylstra

This sounds an awful lot like the Reader version incompatibility issue in TAM.  TAM I believe, only supports version 11.2 and under of Reader and will either error out, or not open the file at all.  Check the version of Reader on that machine, and I'll bet that it auto-updated which is now causing  an issue.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Mike

Thanks Jeff. no go - we checked and are on that version 11.2. Are now contacting Applied and then our next best idea is to have to rebuild her profile. Any workstation if logged in as her will not open. Problem is unique to that individual.