3 (23.1%)
Yep
5 (38.5%)
Maybe, sparingly
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: April 07, 2015, 05:24:11 PM

Hans Manhave

Wondering, among the elite present in this forum, does your agency use the custom dec page feature in TAM?

I am asking because it appears that it was only put into a more modern jacket because it needed to go into Win7/32bit/64bit.  No additional features to the design appear to be added from 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 version.  I find that sad because there is so much that could be done (i.e. math functions, column alignment, data validation etc).
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Jeff Zylstra

Sadly, I have found them to be unstable.  I enter data, but for some reason it frequently crashes and I lose the data.  Something isn't right, but I can't figure out what it is and I DO NOT trust custom Decs as a result.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jim Jensen

I use them for a few policy types, like individual med, bonds and a special church insurance program. I have little problem with them at all, but agree that nothing has been improved in them, well, ever? Yes, the setup interface was changed, but as you mentioned, that is all. I use them to hold and view data, but don't have them pushing data into any forms or letters. I simply haven't found the need for it with the policies I use them for.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

GeorgeW

We used them in TAM and we now use them in Epic.

Just a note if you ever decide to go to Epic....custom dec's do not convert. You have to set them all up from scratch again!  :o :-\
George Watson
AssuredPartners NL, Louisville, KY
Epic 2022 R2, MU2

Jan Regnier

We use them - not as much as we used to though.  We use them for Bonds and policies that TAM doesn't accommodate.  Used to use them a lot for Group Health but we use the TAM policies now for line of business.  I haven't made a Custom dec in a long time!
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Mark

We use them for quite a bit of stuff.  The only change was that they had to migrate everything to .NET to get rid of 16 bit code.  Well, that was the change driver at least.  There may have been some other changes as the result of the move

I think it does leave quite a bit to be desired, but that may be since I use VB a bit.  Otherwise, it still does the same thing for us as it always has.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Toni Forte

We still use them in our agribusiness department. 
Toni Forte
Systems Administrator
Cline Wood, a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC company
Sagitta/ImageRight, CSR24, Server 2008 R2, 2012, VMware, ESXi
Former TAM2014MU1, eTfile 4.8