Main Menu

Drive eraser hardware

Started by Hans Manhave, March 20, 2015, 05:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans Manhave

Just saw this online and thought maybe someone needs one of these.  For those that cannot take drives out and destroy them.

www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=59538
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Gene Foraker

Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Mark

Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Hans Manhave

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Billy Welsh

Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Hans Manhave

Jim Jensen

Quote from: FWA on March 24, 2015, 01:45:18 PM
Quote from: Billy Welsh on March 24, 2015, 12:56:32 PM
The Glock won't do SCSI???

;D ;)

Quote from: Mark on March 24, 2015, 11:49:21 AM
Wish it did SCSI

Barrel probably needs to be threaded.
Remember that SCSI requires termination at the end. That's usually not preferred with a Glock.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Mark

If you're not re-purposing the drive, the only problem with the Glock is cleanup.  Don't want to pollute any areas that I shoot in and would not be easy to prevent pollution or easy to cleanup afterwards.

Adapter could be an option.  The software on this thing is available - I already use.  But requires an available computer, so this thing is more convenient.
Mark Piontek, MBA

Jim Jensen

I have used the sledgehammer approach in the past, but some of the drive containers were sturdy enough that I chipped the concrete under it. I wish I had one of the big degaussian electromagnets they used to use on tube TVs. That would surely muss up the data enough.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Mark

Mark Piontek, MBA

Jim Jensen

Yes, I think the Big I should have a big SSI shredder for communal use by agents. Go to CE, drop in some hard drives  (plus maybe the E&O instructors laptop).
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Mark

Quote from: Jim Jensen on March 24, 2015, 02:55:42 PM
Yes, I think the Big I should have a big SSI shredder for communal use by agents. Go to CE, drop in some hard drives  (plus maybe the E&O instructors laptop).

YES!!!  I will suggest to the WI VP! lol
Mark Piontek, MBA

Joshua Conner

I have done a large drill bit on dewalt before and its much faster than an NSA clean.  I have even done it in my office so while not as fun as the Glock can be done in city limits and indoors.
Joshua Conner
Conner Insurance
Tam 2014 R2
Epic online with CSR24 and Salesforce Integration
39 Employees
Former Vice President Indiana Applied User Group
Webmaster http://www.appliedusergroup.com
Blog http://mylifewithtam.blogspot.com

Mark

Yep, I've done that one as well.  I have a drill press now, just need a good drill bit.  But again - can't use the drive after that!  :o
Mark Piontek, MBA

Hans Manhave

Other options:

www.korosoft.hu

www.fileshredder.org and links from there.