Adding new activity codes

Started by DSYork, October 21, 2014, 10:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSYork

I am adding new activity codes for the commercial lines dept at my agency and I added a new EX Date activity it doesn't pull the date over though in the activity description.  Does anyone know how I can pull that exdate over into the description when creating a new code?

Jeff Zylstra

It sounds like you're looking for what is commonly referred to as a "variable" in computers.  So entering something like "%ExDate%" in the description line would enter the expiration date that is specific to that customer and policy. 

I don't think that this can be done in activities, but I like the concept of being able to enter variables into Activities.  If someone knows that this can be done, I would love to hear about it.  If not, I think it would be a neat addition to TAM's capabilities and should be requested as an enhancement.

"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

DSYork

Thanks Jeff.  When you add in the TAM Default Exdate Activity (EXDT) the description automatically states Exdate followup; 01/01/15

When I entered in a custom activity code (CEXD) the description I entered is Exdate follow up but that is all. So you are saying that adding in a "variable" isn't possible when you enter in a custom activity code?

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: DSYork on October 21, 2014, 11:11:58 AM
Thanks Jeff.  When you add in the TAM Default Exdate Activity (EXDT) the description automatically states Exdate followup; 01/01/15

When I entered in a custom activity code (CEXD) the description I entered is Exdate follow up but that is all. So you are saying that adding in a "variable" isn't possible when you enter in a custom activity code?

OK.  Got it.  This is something that is "hard coded" into that particular activity code as far as I can tell.  You may be able to look at the database and see what if there is anything there that is "hidden" or not and maybe try to replicate it that way.  I don't know which database that would be, by the way. Other than that, I would know what to do.

Out of curiosity, why aren't you using the standard EXDT activity code? 
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

DSYork

WE have different departments at our agency so we are trying to use separate activity codes for all of the commercial lines dept. 

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: DSYork on October 21, 2014, 12:05:16 PM
WE have different departments at our agency so we are trying to use separate activity codes for all of the commercial lines dept.

OK.  I don't know if that's possible on hard coded activities, however.  There are other hard coded activities that you'll run into as well.