Funds Transfer problems

Started by Andrew Carrick, May 19, 2010, 11:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Anybody on v 10 having issues with funds transfer (receipts and/or disbursements) not working properly? I'm no accountant but apparently it is slow and has a tendency to fall over during the process, giving errors.  :(
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Hans Manhave

There was (or is?) a problem before v.10.  If one did more than one at a time, it would crash after the first one, sometimes.  Didn't make a difference if it was done in disbursements or in receipts. 

I recently did notice that the description field on the left side of the transfer event is shorter.  The one on the right didn't appear to be limited in length.  I was not willing to explore the feature.  I usually copy/paste from the first description into the second one so they are the same, but for once I didn't do that and found it to be this way.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Andrew Carrick

Apperas that it is a known bug, and is random. Even if you get the error message the transfer may have correctly worked. We've not experienced it ourselves on 7.6 or below.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Bob

I have not experienced any accounting problems since 7.3.  On 10.3 now.  I transfer funds all the time.  I do recall someone saying once amount was set to not go back and adjust or it will bomb out.   Tab through and enter in order it should work. 

Not sure if same bugs affect UK and Canada versions of TAM.  I think it was Jim Jensen who told me.  I think he has gone bike about..  Meaning don't know when he will get back and comment.  :)

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Bob Connor on May 20, 2010, 01:26:16 PM

I have not experienced any accounting problems since 7.3.  On 10.3 now.  I transfer funds all the time.  I do recall someone saying once amount was set to not go back and adjust or it will bomb out.   Tab through and enter in order it should work. 

Not sure if same bugs affect UK and Canada versions of TAM.  I think it was Jim Jensen who told me.  I think he has gone bike about..  Meaning don't know when he will get back and comment.  :)

I was sunny myself in FLA, thank you....ok, some biking too.
The only problem I've seen thus far related to funds relates to changing the check (or cheque) amount in a disbursement after going to the details listing. The allocations can disappear from view. It still files correctly though.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis