Mobile Home application - Acord or custom app?

Started by Amy C, June 06, 2014, 03:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy C

Okay, I am trying to get our personal lines department to start entering policy info into applications when policies don't download  :o.  For anyone who writes mobile homes, do you use an existing Acord form (like dwelling fire) or do you use a custom form?

We are currently on TAM 2013 but getting ready to upgrade to 2014.

Thanks for your input and feedback!  :D
You can't fix stupid...

Jennifer Nugent
CMS Insurance, Cincinnati, OH
TAM 2015

Bob

We use Homeowners App.  No custom app.  I don't think you can download to a custom app.  Companies like foremost download mobile home policies but need an Acord form to do so.   Doesn't know how to map the data on custom app.   

Jeff Zylstra

I think that you can setup another policy type MHOM for instance, and then associate it with a Homeowners app.  That would allow you to track things by policy type on reports, but give all the benefits of completing ACORD binders, apps, claims, evidence of property, etc... on the MHOM policy type.  I think that's what we do.  It's been so many years though, that I don't remember.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

DebAmstutz

Yes, we do what Jeff mentioned.  MHOM is the policy type, but a regular homeowner app is associated with it. 
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Amy C

Thanks.  I will use the homeowner app as the form.  Now if I can just get them to start using it... :-\
You can't fix stupid...

Jennifer Nugent
TAM 2015

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: jennifer n on June 06, 2014, 03:47:27 PM
Thanks.  I will use the homeowner app as the form.  Now if I can just get them to start using it... :-\

They don't have to.  They do their business on the company websites, and if you've set it up correctly, the policy will download as a HOME app to the billing screen that you've set up under the customer screen.  Then they can complete all of the ACORD apps from that.  As long as the company screen is set up correctly, it should work just fine.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Amy C

Unfortunately, Jeff, these policies won't download because we write them through a brokerage firm instead of direct through the companies.  Luckily there are only a few policies like this (29 total). 
You can't fix stupid...

Jennifer Nugent
TAM 2015

Jim Jensen

If you're not downloading any mobile home policies with other carriers that use the Homeowners App, use the Dwelling Application - there's a mobile home tab which fits better than the HO app, as it has fields for year, make, model, ID#, length & width, plus tie-down info.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Amy C

Thanks Jim, I am going to utilize the Dwelling Fire app.
You can't fix stupid...

Jennifer Nugent
TAM 2015