Tam Code Question

Started by Alice, May 10, 2010, 02:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I did find in the WIKI the suggestions/recommendations for creating commercial codes depending in the name, DBA, etc.
My question is, what does Tam do where XXXXX-9 has been reached? Does it go to XXXX-01?
Since we're fairly new with commercial lines, I'm trying to let insurance know what will happen if we get to that point.
Thanks!!

Charlie Charbonneau

This is what we use.
L = last name
F = First Name
B = Business Name
# = Number

LLLLLF# for Personal
BBBBB## for Commercial  Easily goes to 99 instead of 9
LLLL-F# for Life Health personal
BBBB-## for Life Health Commercial
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Andrew Carrick

We just keep going with the numbers and drop the dash, e.g. NORTH-9 then NORTH10, NORTH11. After 6 years on TAM the distinction between code formats is a bit blurred and not of major significance.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Alice

Thanks Charlie & Andrew!

Andrew - does Tam do that automatically? After we type in the name, we always click the Preview button to let Tam create the code. I was wondering what Tam automatically did when XXXXX-9 was reached.

Thanks again!

Andrew Carrick

I think it does Alice, it's a while since I've set any clients up. Try it - you can always rename the codes, or just delete the test entries.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Alice on May 10, 2010, 03:53:36 PM
Thanks Charlie & Andrew!

Andrew - does Tam do that automatically? After we type in the name, we always click the Preview button to let Tam create the code. I was wondering what Tam automatically did when XXXXX-9 was reached.

Thanks again!

Yes, it does this automatically. I have prospects FIRST-1 and FIRST10.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Alice

Thanks for the confirmation Jim