Ricoh Printer Tray Locked?

Started by Mark, January 07, 2014, 09:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Anyone familiar with Ricoh printers seen this before?  Hans?

Take a look at the attached picture from our control panel and notice that there is a lock icon on the bypass tray.  It is set to envelope because we want to print an envelope but it is still set to 8.5x11 and we can't fix it from the printer.  I can mess with it from the driver and from the web interface, but it never changes this screen.  When we print an envelope, it prints off the paper because it is placing the address as if it were 8.5x11.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jeff Zylstra

We don't have a Ricoh, but our copier has little plugs that are "sensors" so that paper sized are automatically recognized.  Some machines have some other method integrated into the paper cassettes.  Is that a possibility?  If nothing else helps, sometimes "rebooting" the printer after making changes might help too!   ;)
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jan Regnier

Does the tray have "dial" on it that indicates the type of "paper" in the tray?  We have Canon ImageRunner and the trays have dials that indicate paper size (no envelope though - just paper)? (same kind of thing Jeff was describing?)
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Mark

our other one detects the size based on the position of the guides.  This one isn't that fancy.  What is driving me nuts is the lock -- why is it locked and how do I unlock?  I will probably have to call and have someone sent out.

Thanks!
Mark Piontek, MBA

Jan Regnier

I found some articles but I couldn't get the rest of this one...couldn't find it... regarding "envelope shows lock"

envelope selector is set to the image ....

Is there some place to check envelope setting "set to image"?
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Mark

hmm, I haven't seen that anywhere but will go lol.  Maybe it's warmer on that side of the office!
Mark Piontek, MBA