Welcome board in two places

Started by Lynne Desrochers, October 15, 2013, 06:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debbie Fuson

Quote from: Jeff Golas on October 16, 2013, 02:44:03 PM

Is that the FAVI stick? I think I saw those for sale in the local comp store (the only one left) and was going to look into it furthur. Gets mixed reviews but then mostly positive later on Amazon.

Yes, that's an example of what I'm talking about.   If you go to Amazon and look for "Android mini PC" you will find a whole bunch of them.
Debbie Fuson
Brown & Brown of Tennessee
Vision 6.4 and Inscope

Lynne Desrochers

Thank you everyone for the ideas! Debbie, you got me thinking about the old gototv that I used to use in my large conference room before we moved. Seems to do the same thing as the FAVI stick. Sounds like I have some researching to do.
I appreciate everyone posting.
Lynne
Lynne Desrochers

Ric

Quote from: Jeff Golas on October 16, 2013, 10:17:57 AM
If I were in that situation, there's 100 different ways you could go, but easiest would be a VGA splitter sending signal to the other monitors using a VGA to cat-5 adapter if you have the wiring available.

Jeff has the solution that I would use.
Ric Tucker
Manager of Information Systems
Past President, New Jersey Chapter

J A Mariano Agency
TAM 2020, 11users, Windows 2019 Server,
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit workstations
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Acoustic guitar, drums, percussion
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Lynne Desrochers

I found out the full project yesterday. He wants 3 additional monitors through out the office. The furthest distance is under 125 feet, so my first inclination is that I will go with the splitter and 125 ft cables, call an electrician and call it a day. I found a TruLink 4-Port UXGA Monitor Splitter/Extender that I think will fit the bill on C2G.
Since the content changes throughout the day, I think this would be the easiest and cheapest way to go.
Thank you again for everyone's input.
Lynne Desrochers

Mark

Very cool!  Thanks for the update!
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Ric

Quote from: Lynne Desrochers on October 24, 2013, 01:00:51 PM
I found out the full project yesterday. He wants 3 additional monitors through out the office. The furthest distance is under 125 feet, so my first inclination is that I will go with the splitter and 125 ft cables, call an electrician and call it a day. I found a TruLink 4-Port UXGA Monitor Splitter/Extender that I think will fit the bill on C2G.
Since the content changes throughout the day, I think this would be the easiest and cheapest way to go.
Thank you again for everyone's input.

way to git er dun Lynne!
Ric Tucker

J A Mariano Agency
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Chrome, Microsoft 365

Lynne Desrochers

Thanks Ric, but it's not done yet. Ordered the splitter and of course will be back to posting when it doesn't work out!
Lynne
Lynne Desrochers

Ric

Quote from: Lynne Desrochers on October 25, 2013, 12:58:16 PM
Thanks Ric, but it's not done yet. Ordered the splitter and of course will be back to posting when it doesn't work out!
Lynne

referring to the intent and att-e-tude lady.

I'm sure you will have it running in no time
Ric Tucker

J A Mariano Agency
fax@vantage 9.0.5,
Chrome, Microsoft 365