10.4 Certificates

Started by Jim Jensen, April 27, 2010, 01:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

For those not hanging out in the newsgroups, attached is a sample Certificate of Insurance from 10.4. I upgraded yesterday to eliminate a couple of annoying issues and received this new one. Notice the size of the print on the policy dates and the carrier name. It's so small that I doubt it's readable on a fax copy. There are PMR's submitted (probably more of them coming too - not a bad idea to flood them on this one) and I emailed Greg Shiple, VP of Support, requesting a hot-fix remedy, not waiting until 10.5 or 11.0 to fix it.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski

Wow - that is awful!

How about a different printer?  Does it make a difference?
Marie (Zionkowski) Gozikowski
Iddings Insurance Agency
Wyalusing, PA
WinTAM 11.1    SBS 2003 
8 users

JohnGage

In the 10.4 "noteworthy items", otherwise known as the bug list, Applied indicated "Date fields on top and bottom of certificates display year as B0."  I don't see that problem on your sample, have you run into it?
John Gage
Systems Admin
Knight Crockett Miller Insurance Group - Toledo, OH
4 locations in Ohio and Indiana

53 users TAM Online

Adri

John,

I think that was for Canada's system, not the US....or are you in Canada?  

ETA: I just looked at your siggy....you're not in Canada
Adri Wutkowski
Vice President
Robertson Ryan & Associates
Florida

Jim Jensen

I don't have BO, nor do my Certificates. I found out a little more about the situation. The print size of the dates on the prior version of the form would not fit in the new form's column width, thus it is automatically reduced in size. The same can apply to the carrier name. I tried a different carrier name and it printed "normal" size. The request is being updated to ask to have a font size in between the normal size and teeny-tiny size that's printing.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

JohnGage

Thanks for the clarification!
John Gage
Systems Admin

53 users TAM Online

Jim Jensen

A hotfix is available now that does increase the font size for the dates some. Should be more acceptable. Doesn't change the cancellation clause or add the availability of the older certificate form though.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 27, 2010, 03:15:48 PM
I don't have BO, nor do my Certificates. I found out a little more about the situation. The print size of the dates on the prior version of the form would not fit in the new form's column width, thus it is automatically reduced in size. The same can apply to the carrier name. I tried a different carrier name and it printed "normal" size. The request is being updated to ask to have a font size in between the normal size and teeny-tiny size that's printing.

I'm on 10.3 and get the "B0" thing on some ACORD forms.  I believe it was a cancellation, but I think that binders do it as well.  Don't remember certs doing it, however.  I was told that this was an issue in 10.4 as well. 

Anyone who remembers "Y2K" will remember that Applied had this problem in 2000, only it was "A0" back then.  The "A" represents the "0" in 2000, and the B represents the "1" in 2010.  For all you youngsters and lurkers, this was an issue because everyone was trying to conserve memory back in the DOS days so they shortened how numbers were represented in the operating system.   Silly me.  I thought that this would be fixed in the ensuing 10 years. Guess not.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Jim Jensen

Jeff, I think 10.4 may have fixed it, or perhaps the hotfix did. I don't remember coming across it for a while and I just tried an LPR and a Binder and don't see it.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jim Jensen

Acord has a couple of documents about the changes to the updated Certficates and Evidences of Insurance. An FAQ document is attached, while a shorter one specific to the Acord 25 is http://www.acord.org/standards/forms/Documents/20100628_ACORDFormsNotice.pdf.

These may be helpful for staff and some of the language could be lifted for a note to certficateholders that complain.
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Jan Regnier

Nice....thanks for the form, Jim.   I think it will be very helpful.

Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jim Jensen

Here's a link to a document created by IIABA that you can use with customers or certificate holders. If you're a member of IIABA, you can log in to open the document. Because it's in the members-only area, it's not appropriate for me to attach it here.

http://www.iiaba.net/VU/NonMember/WilsonCancellationNotice.htm
Jim Jensen
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

brinkerdana

Like ASCnet membership, IIABA membership is gone with cost cutting!  Just barely convince boss to keep TAM! 
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

Jan Regnier

I upgraded to 10.4 over the weekend.  I have a couple of questions about the actual form:

1.  "Insurer letter" - assuming this means the company assigned letter - but what is it to reference? (addl insured or Subro waived?)

2.  Cert # - ?

3.  Revision # - ?

4. Are Phone, Fax, Email fields active?

Anyone crafted a "notice to clients" about the change to address the angry clients that want the OLD cert (to get paid or for audit)?

Thanks.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

JohnGage

Cert and revision# are for our use, should we wish to use them.  I could see using cert # if you have an insd that needs multiple certs each showing unique coverages.  MAYBE cert# is easier than saying "This is the GL and Ohio WC cert, this is your GL and Michigan WC cert, ....." 

John Gage
Systems Admin

53 users TAM Online