MFP Lexmark 798dte or Ricoh MP C3003

Started by Lynne Desrochers, September 05, 2013, 02:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne Desrochers

I'm looking to replace my Canon Image Runner, I've gotten a quote on the following: Lexmark 798dte, Ricoh MP C3003 or Ricoh MPC3500. Does anyone have any feedback on any of the 3?
Thank you.
Lynne Desrochers

Mark

We got two big Ricoh machines here and have been happy with them.  We go through Ikon, which is actually Ricoh now.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Bob

We have two Ricoh 5510NFs and they are reliable work horses.  Staff loves them and myself too never had an issue.   Ricoh support is awesome.  Years and years ago our 1st product 3310NF I think, part was broke during shipment.  Was from 3rd party vendor who would not step up to fix.  I called Ricoh corporate HQ, they picked up the broken one and replaced the unit at no charge.  Never questioned or dismissed me as I was suspecting calling them with dispute.  Wasn't even their fault.  They stepped up and forever sold me on their products. 

Jeff Golas

Tried Ricoh when Ikon switch to them...we ran them to death and again the service guy nearly had a dedicated parking spot out front. Ditched Ikon and Ricoh and went back to Canons - much better. Still have some services issues (we run them hard) but better than our Ricoh experiences.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Lynne Desrochers

Thank you all for the input. I guess no one uses Toshiba?
Lynne Desrochers

Bob

Ikon is the difference between good and bad experience Jeff.   I won't lease through them, I buy out right.  I use my own guy to service which rarely needs to and warranty directly through Ricoh who by the way Lynn HQ is in Jersey.  :)

We bought an Agency who leased an Aficio something through Ikon and they cause more harm than good.   We had to honor the lease but now that it is done, kicked Ikon to the curb.  Also talking different beasts not apples to apples.  Also the use.  Many use as main printer, we do not.  Cheaper to run the old work horse HP4250s.  Device is used for scanning/faxing/email.

Mark

Ikon is Ricoh now.  Just assumed Ricoh purchased them, but never actually questioned it.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Hans Manhave

I think we should toss Okidata into the ring too.  They are from New Jersey too.  All kinds of models and good color and heavy (index) paper handling.
Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge has its boundaries - Albert Einstein

Lynne Desrochers

Spot on, yes! Okidata is in my town.
Ricoh being from NJ always just makes me think of the Rico (sp?) cases they used to try those mobsters.
We're going with the Lexmark, they are a client and "close friend" of a couple of guys here. Fingers crossed that it works out well.
Lynne Desrochers

Billy Welsh

Quote from: Mark on September 06, 2013, 11:46:46 AM
Ikon is Ricoh now.  Just assumed Ricoh purchased them, but never actually questioned it.

Ricoh did buy Ikon, but you know how it is with the big corporate outfits - Ikon still exists as a company.

We've had good experience buying the Ricoh's used the last few times.  You have to have the maintenance contract on it anyway, even when new, and other than a total meltdown we've never come across an item that was not covered by the main. contract.  We deal with a local Ricoh dealer, not Ikon.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect