TAM v 10 Night Utilities (not related to previous NU query!)

Started by Andrew Carrick, April 19, 2010, 03:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Carrick

Just upgrade at the weekend. Anybody already using v 10, can you clarify for me please, do we still use WNIGHT.exe? If I go in that way I seem to see the old Setup screen not the new one.
Jelf Insurance Partnership
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Matthew Udovich

Looks like my NU shortcut point to C:\WINTAM\AppliedSystems.Tam.Client.General.NightUtilities.exe

HTH  :)

Andrew Carrick

Thank you. That link takes me to the set up screen, which has a "run now" option. Is there a way to set it to run overnight like we used to?
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Me and TAM used to have a thing but we've split amicably. She got the kids, I got the Camaro and the maid.

Matthew Udovich

Evidently the programmer who coded that, thought they were really funny, if you click on OK, it closes the screen and nothing happens, if you click on Run Now, you get the old Do want to start Immediately dialog box where you can choose yes or no. ;D

Andrew Carrick

Thanks. Oh how I laughed when I read that, just like the programmer   >:(
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Matthew Udovich

;D I still double clutch when i read run now as I click the button and the office is still full of people 'working' :-\

Charlie Charbonneau

Quote from: Matthew Udovich on April 19, 2010, 09:48:39 AM
;D I still double clutch when i read run now as I click the button and the office is still full of people 'working' :-\

Glad to hear I'm not the only one!
Charlie Charbonneau
GBMB Insurance
San Antonio TX.

EPIC 2022, CSR24, Windows 2012 Hyper-V & 2016, Win10/11 Pro Stations, Sophos Anti-Virus.
.                .                 ..              ...

Che Guevara

I am a little out of touch for the last 3.5 years

Is version 10 still using DB3 ??? and hence the need for these?

Jim Jensen

Quote from: Che Guevara AKA Paul Dodgson on April 19, 2010, 12:46:58 PM
I am a little out of touch for the last 3.5 years

Is version 10 still using DB3 ??? and hence the need for these?

No architecture change to TAM. New product with new architecture is EPIC, released last year (maybe late 2008). New product - one could call it a revisioning of Vision that never took off enough.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Bloody Jack Kidd

Quote from: Jim Jensen on April 19, 2010, 12:54:38 PM
No architecture change to TAM. New product with new architecture is EPIC, released last year (maybe late 2008). New product - one could call it a revisioning of Vision that never took off enough.

Then - 'ReVision' would have been a great name!
Sysadmin - Parallel42

Che Guevara

If ReVision was released in 2008 why are people using the older TAM then ???

Alice

$$$$$$ as usual.

Glad to see you're still around Paul  :-*

Andrew Carrick

And us poor UK users can't get Vision or Epic anyway. We've only just got version 10. Don't know what the Canadians are getting?
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK

Gene Foraker

Epic is a completely different product which means data conversion similar to going to a different vendor.   They wrote the product first and are now refining the data conversion pieces.   Applied feels a greater responsibility to TAM agencies to convert more complete data than they do with a conversion from another vendor.   A number of agencies have already converted, but at a reasonable rate, it would take many many years to convert all agencies.   TAM will continue to be refined and developed and may likely eventually go SQL.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Andrew Carrick

Anyway back to the real world - ran NU for the first time on v 10 last night, went OK but I only got 2 pdf documents as a result, usually get 5. Have a nasty suspicion that the missing 3 default to the same file name and overwrite each other, but could someone on this version give any advice please?
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK