Printing Envelopes with Dell 2230d

Started by Jim Jensen, April 12, 2010, 02:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Jensen

I can't figure out how to get envelopes to print correctly in my Dell 2230d printer. I do it from Word2007 with the Mail>Envelopes area. It always want to print as the envelope feeds from the left edge, rather than centered, which is how the manual feed functions. I've changed the print setting in Word, I've tried to print from the other bin. I've tried to specify the bin (the printer really doesn't like that). I've reset all settings within Word and the Dell Settings utility to the defaults. Nothing seems to be changing it.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Gene Foraker

It has been years since I tried printing an envelope on a laser printer.   

The Dymo label printer is just so much easier.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Jim Jensen

My fallback has been to print to labels instead, but that's 2 steps when I could do 1 and it looks cleaner when printed directly on the envelope.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis