wireless keyboard and mouse

Started by Lynne Desrochers, April 12, 2013, 09:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne Desrochers

I need to get a wireless keyboard and mouse for my conference room. We had one in the past and they hated it. I want to try it again. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thank you.
Lynne Desrochers

Jeff Golas

Tell you right now, anything you buy off the shelf at Staples will be WORLDS better than anything that was out 4-5-6 years ago.

I went to staples a couple months ago and bought a cheapo $35 logitech keybaord/mouse combo that was on sale at the time (maybe usually $50?). Worked great ever since and the mice are much better on batteries now.

Just gotta keep in mind you can't buy 100 of them for the entire company...I think after a while they start crosstalking when you get so many within range of each other.
Jeff Golas
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson, Inc. :: Newtown, PA
Epic Online w/CSR24
http://www.jkj.com

Jeff Zylstra

Agree with Jeff.  They're much different than they were a few years ago.  They will tend to go through batteries though, especially if they are a ways from the receiver attached to the computer.  That said, just buy something locally instead of mail order so you can return it.  I think that the prices have even come down on these, in addition to being better.  Go for it.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Mark

We just have a cheap logitec and it does fine. Does very well on batteries, too!

Depending on how your conference room is setup, you might want to look at a Bluetooth option versus just the regular ones. I think they do a better job with distance and the receiver thingy does not need to stay in view.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

JohnGage

On the advise of someone I ordered an overpriced Adesso keyboard and mouse combo - was supposed to have better range than most.  Complete fail and have since replaced with standard Logitech equipment I would normally install at any workstation.
John Gage
Systems Admin
Knight Crockett Miller Insurance Group - Toledo, OH
4 locations in Ohio and Indiana

53 users TAM Online

Billy Welsh

Logitech working nicely here and at home.  No battery issues.
Billy Welsh
VP of Accounting
CableSouth Media, LLC dba SwyftConnect

Debbie Fuson

Gyration keyboards and mice are designed for conf/training rooms.  They look cool because the mouse works in the air, and the range on both the mouse and keyboard are good.  However, I have used three of them, and none of the mice worked for a full year. 

Stick with Logitech!
Debbie Fuson
Brown & Brown of Tennessee
Vision 6.4 and Inscope

Terry Evans

Love my logitech, no problems.  I have the usb receiver sticking out of my monitor, so very close to keyboard and mouse.  Very cheap on Amazon.

I bought one for an employee from Costco - it is a microsoft and has been great.  Has a great giant zoom lever right in the middle.  I love Costco's return policy (electronics - 2 years - no questions).
Terry Evans
Maurer-Noel-Evans Insurance
terry@mne.biz  www.mne.biz

DebAmstutz

I have a wireless mouse and I turn it off each night and also if I'm going to be away from the keyboard for more than an hour.  I don't have to change the battery often, so I help make the battery last longer.
Deb Amstutz
Back in the TAM saddle again

Lynne Desrochers

Great! Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback.
Lynne Desrochers