Strange problem with Firefox

Started by Jeff Zylstra, April 03, 2013, 02:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Regnier

I can say from experience IE 10 doesn't work with Indiana or Hanover websites.  I rolled back to IE 9 those machines that had updated to 10.  No problems with IE 9.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Jeff Zylstra

Maybe I need to update to IE 9.  Is there a lot of difference between IE 8 and 9?
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Conan_Ward

I suppose for work reasons i can't recommend 10, I know PL rater has issues with it and csr24 pages require compatibility view on to work.

I got nothing on the cursor, mine here on 8 at work doesn't blink any worse than any other part of windows.
Former TAM support, P&C licensed in Maryland, LFW

Jan Regnier

Quote from: Jeff Zylstra on April 09, 2013, 02:54:49 PM
Maybe I need to update to IE 9.  Is there a lot of difference between IE 8 and 9?

Jeff, I honestly don't know since I use FF all the time.  Seldom use IE - only when required and I think we have had 9 for quite some time.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

Bob

PC needs to be Windows 7 to use IE9.  XP stops at IE8

Conan_Ward

I didn't notice much difference, IE keeps getting better at being a browser that works correctly the farther you get away from IE6. Though there is a bit more of a jump between 9/10 than I recall with 8/9 for speed/loading stuff correctly.
Former TAM support, P&C licensed in Maryland, LFW

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Bob Connor on April 09, 2013, 04:47:28 PM

PC needs to be Windows 7 to use IE9.  XP stops at IE8

Hmm.  That would stop it for me.  I have 3 workstations on XP right now, but I have ordered new ones that should arrive in the next week or so.
"We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office"  -  Aesop

Mark

Your roaming profile is stored locally after you logon.  I didn't click the link, though.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security

Jeff Zylstra

Quote from: Mark on April 10, 2013, 12:23:41 PM
Your roaming profile is stored locally after you logon.  I didn't click the link, though.

True, but if I look at file dates and times on the Firefox Profiles in both the C:\Users\Jeff\Local\... and the \\Server\Profiles\Jeff\... folders, the dates and times are identical so there is some interplay between each one.  Maybe it is because I use redirected folders, that this happens.

Mark

ahh.  Could be.  I only redirect the My Docs.
Mark Piontek, MBA
Director of Information Systems
BS in Information Systems Security