IF Statements in Formletters (Word 2010)...something's wrong...

Started by Amy C, March 28, 2013, 12:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy C

I am trying to create a formletter for one of our producers and it needs to include an IF statement.  I want it to include additional words based on the policy type.  Here is what I want it to say:

"Enclosed please see your new Auto/Home policy with Insurance Company effective 3/15/13, along with new auto identification cards. (include this last bit only if it's an auto policy, otherwise it should end with a .)"

Here is how I have it in the formletter (which isn't working):

Enclosed please see your new <CPOL.POLICY.TYPE> policy with <CPOL.POLICY.ICO> effective <CPOL.POLICY.EFF>, { IF "<CPOL.POLICY.TYPE>" = "AUTO""along with new identification cards.""." }

I am pulling in the info from Applied using the insert field.  I think the problem may be with the policy type but I'm not sure.  Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You can't fix stupid...

Jennifer Nugent
CMS Insurance, Cincinnati, OH
TAM 2015

Todd Arnold

The overall structure of your IF looks good.  What is it that isn't working for you?

One very minor thing; you have your comma in the wrong spot for what you want - it needs to be inside the IF true return quotes.
Enclosed please see your new <CPOL.POLICY.TYPE> policy with <CPOL.POLICY.ICO> effective <CPOL.POLICY.EFF> { IF "<CPOL.POLICY.TYPE>" = "AUTO" ", along with new identification cards." "." }
Todd Arnold
AB Solutions, Inc.
800-753-7785 x111