Main Menu

Dymo Diskpainter

Started by Matthew Udovich, March 30, 2010, 10:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Udovich

Anyone ever use one of these? Is anyone labeling disks?? If so, how?

Many thanks for the input!!

Matthew Udovich
Apollo Insurance Agency
Saint Cloud, MN USA

Tam 10.3.1 Fax @vantage 7.2.0
29 Local Users, 13 Remote, 4 Offices
XP Workstations, W2K3 and W2K8  Servers
Exchange 2007, Symantec EPP 11.0.5.333

Jim Jensen

Sharpie  ;D. Heard about issues with paper labels so I've avoided them. Haven't experience one, but didn't want one I gave out to have a problem.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Gene Foraker

I use lightscribe.   Very slow and only black and white, though.
Gene Foraker CPCU
Gates-Foraker Insurance Agency
Norton, OH

My posts are a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Matthew Udovich

I'm a sharpie guy myself, I've used the sticky labels at home, what a pain. I've tried Lightscribe here at work, while it suffices, I don't think it is something that everyone will be able to do, unless we replace all drives with lightscribe drives. I was thinking we would be able to network the Dymo Diskpainter, like we do with the Twin Turbo label printer, and then CSR's could label their own policy disks.

insurebaltimore

We use an Epson inkjet w/ CD printing attachment.  I much prefer the laserjet press-on labels from Avery, though.
Jason Gobbel
Microsoft Certified | Six Sigma - Lean/DFSS Certified

"I even put the router lower than the server so the bits gain speed going downhill!" - Rick

krichmond

Better late than never.  Check this out - the printer sounds like it has problems.

http://digital-photography-school.com/dymo-discpainter-review
TAM 11.0Eh

WFW3.11, Lotus 1-2-3 2.1, WordPerfect 4.0, DOS 4.11.  4Mb Token Ring, Compaq Deskpro 486/33 with NEC Flatscreen CRT's.