Paper Shredder Recommendation

Started by Jill Liebler-Groom, October 25, 2012, 10:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jill Liebler-Groom

A shredder is hardware - right??  Right???  I'm trying to be paperless, but Lord help me, we have paper!  So we must rid ourselves of it... 

Our old shredder has taken on a life of its' own.  I'm looking for a good shredder that is designed for mid to heavy office use - not a 12 page feed throw away unit from CostCo...  I'm sure you have an opinion, so let me know!  What do you use - what do you like?

Thanks!
Liebler Agency, Inc.
Brown City, MI
Tam 2014 R2 :: 16 users :: 5 locations

Coral

Hire a service - much cheaper than you think
Coral Benton
Epic Online

Jan Regnier

I don't have a machine to suggest as we just use the 15 pg throw away but I did see an idea when I was looking for a shredding solution that I thought was pretty cool....  It was a "franchise" type biz where there where shredding Kiosks - set up - where ever you wanted to set them  up....and they were heavy duty shredders.  You had to do the shredding but it could handle tons of stuff...and you could see the shredded docs and you could dispose of them (bagged) or could let the vendor dispose of.     I never looked for one locally but I thought it might be worth being a Shredder mecca for those small businesses that don't want to hire a service but want access to the heavy duty machines.  Of course the down side is you have to haul all the docs in yourself.
Jan Regnier
jan.regnier@meyersglaros.com
Meyers Glaros Group, Merrillville, IN 26 Users
EPIC 2020, Office 365, Indio

JasonK

Jill, we went to a shredding service a while ago so we have a used Olympia 671 shredder that we might be willing to sell.  If you're interested let me know and I'll check with the higher ups.  My home town is in the thumb so if it's approved I could even get it over to you.

Jill Liebler-Groom

Jason, Do you have any info on the Olympia 671?  Can't find anything about it online...  You can email me at jgroom@liebleragency.com  Thanks!
Liebler Agency, Inc.
Brown City, MI
Tam 2014 R2 :: 16 users :: 5 locations