Help with Formletters

Started by krichmond, March 24, 2010, 06:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krichmond

Hi All,

I'm posting this for Jody, who will probably be a member on this site tomorrow  :)

I am setting up an Insurance Binder for Personal Lines policies that will
pull data in from the Homeowners and Condo CSIO (Canadian) applications.  When there is
more than one location on these applications, how do you selectivley pull in
location information from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. locations?  There doesn't
seem to be the data fields available.

Cheers,

Ken

TAM 11.0Eh

WFW3.11, Lotus 1-2-3 2.1, WordPerfect 4.0, DOS 4.11.  4Mb Token Ring, Compaq Deskpro 486/33 with NEC Flatscreen CRT's.

brinkerdana

I believe you would set up a replicate command in your formletter.  Took a really good class last week from Marcia Priest at the SFUGAS, but it was so advanced, I started to lose track. 
Dana Brinkerhoff
Retired

JohnGage

That is correct, you need to use the replicate command.  Insert the fields you want for each location between the two replicate commands.  If you've never done it before maybe start with something simple such as

{DOCVARIABLE BEGINREP}
Field for address
{DOCVARIABLE ENDREP}
John Gage
Systems Admin
Knight Crockett Miller Insurance Group - Toledo, OH
4 locations in Ohio and Indiana

53 users TAM Online

jodyreed

Hi All,

Ken posted the original question for me, but I don't think I worded it correctly.  What I want is to be able to pull only one location (which will be determined by an ASK Variable???) into the Formletter.  I don't want to list all the locations using the replicate command.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much,

Jody

Jim Jensen

Now that is tougher. An Ask variable will ask the user a question and the answer will determine what happens next. However, the exchange of info between TAM and Word is not dynamic. It only pulls upon creation of the document. If you don't have tons of locations, you could use the replicate function, then simply delete the ones you don't need.

Even thinking through combining ask and if statements, but you'd still end up having to pull all the data, then delete the excess.

The other possibility (not necessarily shorter though) is to pull the specific data using a report inquiry, then copy/paste it into the document. It would be two separate processes though.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis

Bob

I think that would be a wonderful feature if an enhancement done to allow an Ask variable to pull real data..  Never thought about before but would be cool and actually fun.  :)

Unfortunately though it can't be done at this moment.  (As far as I'm aware of..)

Jim Jensen

Theortically you might be able to re-run the macro, or create a new macro that does the same data-pulling. I don't know accessible the Applied macro code is, but if you can find it, you might be able to create a new that evaluates the data of an ask variable. Out of my expertise though.
Jim Jensen
CIC, CEO, CIO, COO, CFO, Producer, CSR, Claims Handler, janitor....whatever else.
Jensen Ford Insurance
Indianapolis